94 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
webTypo says

@Anps I don’t think so, $5 is not a deciding factor. They’re planning to do something with the theme either for client work or for personal use. In both cases I think the price differences will go to the very bottom of their priority list.

1216 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Maybe your right. Just making sense here is getting harder and harder, would be fun to test this (just theoretically) buying 400 templates in one week of a surten theme and boosting it to the top of weekly popular and see if it picks up sales. :)

94 posts
  • Exclusive Author
webTypo says

It would pick up sales alright i guess.

Sounds like somebody wants to invest :)

1216 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
Anps says

Loool, even if i had money to into that kind of venture i wouldn’t :P

122 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
BrianHermelijn says

One group that actually proves that you do not need 20 items to have a decent amount of sales is ThemeFusion. They only have one item, but look at their sales rate. This is a matter of quality not quantity after all. If one wants to have a good amount of sales then he would need to come up with quality theme in both coding/visual and good support services.

94 posts
  • Exclusive Author
webTypo says

On the other hand there is templatesquare who will reach powerelite soon i think, and it seems he goes for quantity. Has 4-5x the items then the other power elites. 179 currently.

or compared to internq7 6items vs 179

1216 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
Anps says

In my opinion those authors with few items and insane amount of sale is just 90% of luck.

122 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
BrianHermelijn says

In my opinion those authors with few items and insane amount of sale is just 90% of luck.

Each to their own. One can say quantity speaks louder over quality. But in some way quality will still win the battle. Imagine having 20 themes and 18 of those themes has bad coding or lots of bugs…I mean quantity is not bad, but if you plan on creating lots of themes at least get the coding right.

And the other thing is that if you sell a good theme the buyers will eventually suggest your theme to other buyers. That’s how the market goes. It’s the same when you’re trying to create a business online (products) etc.

Nothing can piss you off more if you’re not getting the product that has been advertised. And instead of seeing what each person did try to come up with other features that those themes haven’t come up before…which is what most peoples aren’t actually doing as well.

I mean look at the creative section there is near 1000 themes, but I can assure you throughout those 1000 themes there is at least 50-75 clone of one another. So I would rather choose the original version or at least the one with good coding instead of going for another copycat.

I know that everyone wants a piece of the pie chart, but if you really want to have more then that piece then you have to come up with something different instead of just cloning.

Anyways each to their own opinions/ideals. Only the ones with confidence/persistence will prevail in the end.

2152 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says

hi all, for my part i think it depends on the strategy you use to start, both are good but having few items at this time should be very good designs and complete with many features, or you can work hard doing many themes, that might be low sales who knows maybe not, and then when you start climbing i believe its more easy as many people say, most buyers looking featured authors, gives them more confidence ..

1216 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovenia
Anps says

@ Enquilo, you have to keep in mind that your talking from buyers perspective if i am correct? if not sorry.

For us authors unique themes are major risk. It just doesn’t i can find you tons of unique well rated items with good amount of features and it just do not sell.

On the other hand if you check top weekly popular you will notice a lot of simularity, but this kind of discusions were chewd allot.

by
by
by
by
by
by