478 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kevinsturf says

i only sold once during that start of the 70% commissions. and that’s not what i had expected

3714 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says
i guess we’ll have to wait for the celebration to be over to see all of its full length effects…

Appearantly it has been predicted that the 300 for 20 bundle is going to improve sales on the long term.. we’ll see how that turns out :)

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says
see, if i only have 20 on my account, i won’t spend it buying only one item if can buy 300 worth of items.

Thinking about the $20 minimum deposit factor is interesting. A new member who wanted the deal could deposit $20, by the bundle and disappear. But if the bundle were $10, they would most likely spend more time on the site finding a way to spend the other $10. And the more time you spend on Envato, the more awesome you realize it is.

If you see how well that bundle has sold in 3 days and probably will sell $100 000 worth it might be a good idea to slash prices on FD

Sure some stuff may be overpriced but when I have a project for $3,000, spending $12 on a banner rotator is a steal. The bundle has done exceptionally well for one simple reason. It’s $0.57 a file.

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says
i guess we’ll have to wait for the celebration to be over to see all of its full length effects…
Appearantly it has been predicted that the 300 for 20 bundle is going to improve sales on the long term.. we’ll see how that turns out :)

logicaly YES , but considering the “potential new buyers” got that thing they was looking for (or atleast BEST DEAL that was the main reason they landed on Envato), i dont think this will turn them into ongoing buyers on the long run.

...wait for the next BDay LOL , there you will have another snap :D

1125 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
hansv says

I sold three times on the time of the 70% commissions. But I do think the bundle is going to help in the future.

But maybe next time, the celebration will be different, in order to help authors and buyers.

I do not know if this has been said before but I would suggest it to be like this:

Prices of all items should have a 20% disscount for three days. Authors commission should stay at the level the author has it (so the discount would go on Envatos account). I think this would make buyers buy actually more in that time. And to give it an extra something, If a buyer buys $100 worth of files… then he gets a free file from a list chosen by Envato.

I think this would help boost the sales… would attract more users…. and Envato would sell so much, that the loss of giving a 20% discount would not be felt…...

Just my opinion.

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

LOL , where are you from…Mars?...items sold on envato marketplaces are already cheap…i dont see a reason why give an additional 20% discount. The thing need to be done next time is, to not trick the whole community for $50K and give us authors a good reason to not popup with such forum threads. I can really picture it in my mind…right now they seat there and pray, we authors forget all this as fast as possible :D …The bundle marketing strategy was well organized and congrats on this, but next time there must be something that really makes authors benefit from, not an balloon 70% commission that makes authors hungry and instinctive forces them to leave to a side what they are doing at that moment and promote their stuff, which in fact drives more visitors that probably buy only the bundle and nothing else (but “helps” envato get rich with another $50K). I say this already before and going to 2nd it…authors on evato are overused!

2201 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says

Actually, all authors approved for their files being used in that promo, so if you want to be angry at someone, be angry at me.

CrackerJack has a nice idea though regarding the 10usd.

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

actually i dont think anyone is angry at all…the annoying part is how all this was played and turned out, then telling us authors “we didnt expect that much sales on the bundle” is just a joke…even my 6 years old son wont believe it.

Regarding the authors who have an item in the bundle…i feel so sory for them…we know they made a deal with the company but lets be realistic, it is ton of money that come in, i feel they deserve an equal additional payment as a bonus, an amound with 4 digits starting atleast with the #2. Thos are the people who DEFINITELY deserve some big share of that bundle sales.

I also somewhere agree with CrackerJack but then again, this is another issue why buyers ignore to buy on Envato as most times they need an item that cost less than the required deposite…lets say that cost $4. But they get required to deposite $20 upfront and this simply doesnt fit with most buyer expections when they signup first. I think this “deposite $20” must be also considered as next improvement to the marketplaces. We authors, affilates do the whole work, upload stuff, drive visitors but then, the visitor doesnt buy just coz they get asked to deposite upfront $20.

42 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
meebits says

“I think this “deposite $20” must be also considered as next improvement to the marketplaces.”

I agree. I think it would definitely benefit GraphicRiver. A buyer might be enticed to buy a 2 dollar pack of banners, backgrounds or whatever but might be put off by having to upload 20 dollars.

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
by
by
by
by
by
by