• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says

these are results of facts that was discussed early before this “success announcement” was done, but maybe no one realized at the begining of the whole thing. Some authors open this threads and it started. And i think it is not yet finished, the real facts will start to pupup within time, things like:

- did this new members turned into ongoing and regular buyers or will they wait the next year’s BDay to snap another pack? - do authors continue to sell the files they got included in the bundle so well like before due to the massive buy of the bundle? - for sure increased members counter is always good, but…more new authors or more new buyers, which…any stats?

I still think and very much believe the “70% commission” was stated to make us authors consider it as “what a wonderful present for the BDay” which didnt worked for most authors. This was planed well for instinctive force and it worked…it made many authors let their work to a side and promote to drive more visitors to benefit from that “70% commission present” but most generated visitors purchaised the bundle but nothing else…so here the company made a double win. The triple winn come where many of the buyers become to be the authors…this rised the sales more. When you think, at first 20 bucks looks like “nothing” maybe but what happens if 1000 authors buy the bundle? Now think logicaly, the company got back ton of money in no time that belong to their authors that they rised their @$$ off working for…this is big present to envato from their own authors!!

The only members that benefit fair from all this are the affiliates, they worked hard and got this what they generated.

2201 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ArikB says

Right now, we’re speculating. If anything, we would need network wide numbers to actually see what is going on. I honestly don’t know for sure how the market mechanics work with regards to online marketplaces.

All companies have the right to disclose certain data from the public (this is of course not including any federal organizations or stock holders).

...come to think of it, does envato have stock holders? :P

988 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says

right now no, but this can be possible with a few more bundles like the last one…just think for a moment, investment VS revenue…why not go public? :P

988 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says
yeah maybe, but go back and read some of them, then read some reply by Collis, then go visit again the blog and compare with posts done so faar on various threads, you will realize all is answered based on how conversations went on topics regarding this 3 days. Upon all this, there are still things that makes me “LOL’ing”, example the few words under “Some Lessons Learned”...it reads “sales went down a little during the time the Birthday Bundle was up”. I think there is an spelling erorr at the part “a little”
seems like you read only the half thread and poping out all negative facts, never saw a positive post from you… kinda weird

yeah thats right…someone must do it. Did you ever considered that, actually best improvements comes always by negative comments and oppositions…by better suggestions that oppose the recent systems and establishments? Also i feel all members must use their right to be sometimes salty, but seems most of them prefere to not be shown with a finger like “look at that idiot” and keep their “negative thoughts” for them self (that actually can help for improvements) and instead just say “all is fine”. We all know there are people trolling the forums with paper and pen in their hands and take notes…if members like me doesnt speak their minds freely, thos people with paper and pen wont have a job today :D

2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says

Off topic quote:

“There are two kinds of people in this world. People that adapt to their environments and then there are people who force their environment to adapt to them. Sadly, a lot of progress is made by the latter type of person.”

- Episode of E.R.

Had to share that, continue on.

2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says
right now no, but this can be possible with a few more bundles like the last one…just think for a moment, investment VS revenue…why not go public? :P

You can also have private share holders. Envato is not big enough to go public.

4335 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

If envato got there company valued, i would love to become a private shareholder. It probably wouldnt be much, something like 0.0001% :D But still, it would bring a profit :D :)

158 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
furto says

I have made one sale with 70% commission and im pretty sure the party is almost over. But I do only have the one theme so Im pretty happy about that :)

964 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says

I was quite sceptic at the begining, because in first day I had 2 sales, but in the end I have 15 sales with 70%! That’s awesome! And it gave me Black Paw ;D

1277 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
fuelthemes says

GREAT !!

my new item HOTIO , finished its homepage time with…

http://themeforest.net/item/hotio-premium-community-theme/54859

0 SALES !

thanks %70 rate and birthday bundle!

by
by
by
by
by
by