5461 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Thats cool.

Daft Question, but.. couldnt you just use jquery cookies?

Incidentally, your form works

61 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
_jd says

Hi, I’ve seen such a form a few times, But it normally give the option to “backup” the form and an option to “import” values you entered earlier.

This way you can also transfer it from one computer to the other…

Dominick

1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
mwignall says

Hey dtbaker,

Did you go ahead and develop your form (save for later) idea? I would be interested in such a script . If you did, kindly let me know where to get it.

Thanks

3014 posts
    Helps us moderate the forums Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Won a competition
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

I did actually. I’ll upload it here soon.

1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
mievan says

Hello!

Did you ever publish this code? If so, can you provide me a link!?

5461 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Hello! Did you ever publish this code? If so, can you provide me a link!?

Try http://simsalabim.github.com/sisyphus/

3014 posts
    Helps us moderate the forums Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Won a competition
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Yer I’ll push it up to github when I can find the code again.

437 posts here for love
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
nCrafts says

I remember working on a similar project sometime back. The difference being that data in my multi-tab form project was being saved live, with ajax. You type something in a field, and then move on to the next. The content of the previous field would be saved to the database, live. Of course, it had validation and filtering and all.

The beauty of it was that the user could also disable auto save and manually save any field, or group of fields, or the whole form.

by
by
by
by
by
by