10 posts
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
testerius says

I’m new here, so I’d like to say hello everyone! :) Well, I’m beginner in web design and web development. Generally, I have no idea how to learn new skills. I’m not sure if my learning is quite good because I do some photoshop design and then code layouts by using Bootstrap. Could you give me some advice how to improve and learn new skills? What should I do?

Before I forget, I wonder if you could tell me what you think about my PSD template – what should I improve or change? Is it even good or rather really bad? Here is a img – http://i.imgur.com/cN7bDzC.jpg

That’s all for now. I’m waiting for your reply.

858 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
uziiuzair says

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

You can learn a lot from the following website: tutsplus.com
Well about the PSD, I like the design, but the following needs work:

• Navigation
  • Fonts
  • Contact Form.

there may be more that other authors may point out, but good luck :)

2203 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hi there

Well fist i would like to say that you have to come up with something unique. You can do a lot now with jquery and css3 for animation. The one thing reviewers look for is originality in your files being unique from the 10000 other one page layouts and if you do something like that then it must be done better than those already on TF.

You have to carefully select your fonts, color schemes and images. Also making sure that you have no bugs or errors in your file or files. Use comments in your code so buyers can have a better idea on what your code does.

The other big thing is you have to have contrast between the colors you are using. Too white is no good too dark isn’t either.

I would brows through some of the themes and templates on TF and learn from them. Do not copy them but just use some of the aspects to your advantage.

The rest will come but you need a bit of experience so dive in and have fun.

Cheers

Lester

10 posts
  • Located in Europe
testerius says

Thanks for answers, roughly I know what aspects I must focus, navigation, forms, fonts and probably typography, isn’t it? Of course, I will try to somehow improve the layout.

I would like to ask where I can ask for feedback on my works? It seems to me “Item Discussion” subforum is only for works which are rejected? :)

501 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Bosnia and Herzegovina
+3 more
Lifer says

Sure you can post work in progress in the “item discussion” category, why not. : )

by
by
by
by
by
by