177 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
xdkd says
http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/10/autodesk-scaleform-flash-games/ Does this mean a new line of work for former Flash/AS developers? Anyone up to creating some games?
4136 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
tsafi says

Right now i can say anything that is not an origin from the flash IDE or flex/Air with the use of the official 3 party class by Adobe is a waste of time ,if you want to build games with flash use AIR /FLEX/flashe IDE , don’t waste your time on other convert tools if using flash .

I am not a unity expert but there is no way in hall when converting flash to other platform you have an optimization control.

Also with 3D games, unity engine is 10 time better since it’s a real 3d engine and not 2.5 3D engine with flash .

Also right now 3D Stuff in general is very strict, it’s just poor performances on most mobiles + it’s a battery killer, very hard to generate money with 3D application this days. 2D games are what developer’s aim these days …… really everything aims to simplistic stuff with flash.

Unity is also still a very small market if working as a freelancer, unless you work on a large studio, since everything aim into mobile this days 3D is a hard topic on this market .

Right now everyone is shooting with lots of new tools ,from what we see the winner are mobile app`s ,it’s a crazy market this days .

177 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
xdkd says

I have only vague idea of what Unity offers, however I’ve known Scaleform as a hardware-accelerated Flash rendering engine of sorts. If some experienced developers can comment on the matter, it would be much appreciated. Is this new offering a viable path for new developers? What solutions would you recommend to assemble a game for mobile platforms nowadays?

by
by
by
by
by
by