5164 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Thought: How about making a relevance based only on tags / title / category / description or whatever… (okay… maybe with a tiny bit of newness built in) and then organize these into finite relevance strata. Assuming the relevance were a floating point number from 1-20, you might have 20 strata based on rounding down the floating point number to an integer. Then within each of these 20 strata, you could organize the files newest first.

Effectively it’s a search based on relevance, then on newness.

That way, a file only lands at the top if it’s new AND relevant.

Sorry… once something gets into my head, I can’t stop thinking about it. You probably thought of all of this.

1134 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

Hello Madlep

I wrote this a while ago in another thread, and would love to bring this to your (or Envatos) attention again.

As a more or less “huge” company, in regards of the amount of electronic data, you should realy take in account to have a mirrored system for tests and developement.

I have worked many years in a IT (SAP) developement departement, and it’s crucial to work on business critical changes in a test environment before going live with it. Envato should understand that they are responsible for many individuals here which are living on the income from this marketplace. So it’s not something that should be taken light hearted and see how it goes.

Don’t get me wrong, i don’t want to offend anyone here, especialy not the hard working developers at Envato, but you should explain your “Bosses”, that it’s absolutely wrong to make changes and tests on a live system before everything has been tested and verified to work 100%.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my english.

no-thumbnail
accudatamarketing Recent Posts Threads Started
13 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
accudatamarketing says

Hello Madlep

I wrote this a while ago in another thread, and would love to bring this to your (or Envatos) attention again.

As a more or less “huge” company, in regards of the amount of electronic data, you should realy take in account to have a mirrored system for tests and developement.

I have worked many years in a IT (SAP) developement departement, and it’s crucial to work on business critical changes in a test environment before going live with it. Envato should understand that they are responsible for many individuals here which are living on the income from this marketplace. So it’s not something that should be taken light hearted and see how it goes.

Don’t get me wrong, i don’t want to offend anyone here, especialy not the hard working developers at Envato, but you should explain your “Bosses”, that it’s absolutely wrong to make changes and tests on a live system before everything has been tested and verified to work 100%.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my english.

Agreed, generally you will want to push these types of changes out to a percentage of users and then aggregate the results and make decisions based off of the mine data. Then after that if you need more changes, you go through the same method until you get things just perfect and then you push out to the entire community. But hey, what do we know? We just do this for a living right :P

31 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
Themes1 says

To anyone who’s interested, here’s the Envato feedback form for the New Search system

ow.ly/ujT5v

1620 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

VIDEOHIVE:

OK now I am back with some sad news. Search is a mess again… Check this out… the results of

“Travel Opener” TOP RESULTS BEST MATCH:

http://videohive.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=travel+opener"

OR

“Cinema Opener” TOP RESULTS BEST MATCH:

http://videohive.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=cinema+opener

What is going on ?!?? Why the search just CANT perform in a correct decent way? Why the sales are so incosistent and so low again.

7572 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I was noticed no sales today :( when should be the most sales of the week. lol

for the second search you get unrelated results because those are cinema4d templates :D:D

for the first (I didn’t check all of them) but some of those with question marks are in openers category or have opener as tag.

6023 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

for the second search you get unrelated results because those are cinema4d templates :D:D

The category names aren’t handled carefully in the search algorithm.

This is why marketplace managers / marketplace reviewers etc should work together with the developers. One of the surprise here is dev team trying their best but without the real involvement of those who runs the marketplace :|

Cherry on the cake is – Microlancer Ad sits above the pagination buttons. Is a shame when we look things from engineering point of view.

no-thumbnail
accudatamarketing Recent Posts Threads Started
13 posts
accudatamarketing says

I’ve clicked the microlancer banner a few times by accident thinking it was gonna take me to the next page. Would be nice to checkout the event tracking for the microlancer banner ad above the pagination.

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Well I can see that there is certain system in the search : Travel = holiday ???

That’s mistake or at least the items with word “travel” should be ranked higher than the items with JUST word “holiday”

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

Ohhhh i can see they have changed the search again…. now it gives 2000 results when you search for “Business Logo” ....

It was ok the sales were coming in. ... now the buyers will again have A LOT TOO MUCH projects to choose from.

And the reason is – connecting the similar words… that “synonims” system….

gosh….

by
by
by
by
by
by