• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Beta Tester
  • United States
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
ZeroLink says

Since when are the tags alphabetically ordered?

I remember that they were put in the order in which author wrote them when uploading the item, but now I see they are alphabetically ordered (at least on codecanyon and themeforest, because on activeden, the tags are not alphabetically ordered, so perhaps this a recent change?)

It’s the same with VH.

2086 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I remember that they were put in the order in which author wrote them when uploading the item, but now I see they are alphabetically ordered (at least on codecanyon and themeforest, because on activeden, the tags are not alphabetically ordered, so perhaps this a recent change?)

They were always alphabetically ordered… in the rejection e-mail :D:P

236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • New Zealand
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
madlep Dev says

The order of the tags doesn’t make any difference on search. The search engine just looks to see if a tag is included, not it’s ordering.

I’m guessing that’s a recent UI change to present them differently. They are still stored in the database and indexed in the search engine the same as always.

5024 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Quick update on what has been happening in search land (it’s been a while sorry)

Not a huge number of visible changes in the last few weeks. Lots of behind the scenes work:

• Upgraded elasticsearch cluster from version 0.90.2 to version 1.1.1. Moved to bigger cluster with more servers, more CPU, more RAM
  • Implemented an automated testing tool to give us better visibility on relevancy changes when we make code changes to search. We now have metrics on exactly how the order of items for the top 8000 search terms has changed between releases
  • More work on relevancy. Boosting on better data/metrics than just sales and ratings (this is a little bit secret sauce sorry, so can’t talk too much about it).
  • faceted search project in progress. There’s a 13 page official forum thread on that alone. Go read :)
  • Recommendation system in progress, so we can recommend complementary items better for users when they make a purchase etc. This isn’t search specifically, but it’s to do with data wrangling that we do, so the search team is best placed to build this.

Thanks for the update, Madlep.

906 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+1 more
greenline says

Though, some sort of testing regarding search results is happening, because on codecanyon this is what can be seen in the source code of the page with any search results:

<meta content="original" name="WT.new_sorting_method_test" />
  <meta content="100" name="WT.sales_boost_test" />
  <meta content="control" name="WT.qs_branch" />
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0ea2vkf52f

So: what we see now in the search results is from some temporary branch, displayed with the purpose to see how this affects the sales??

5179 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

There will often be ongoing testing, tweaks and A/B tests going on with search. We often wont give out the details or announce these test as they could potentially influence the test results. Thanks! :)

236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • New Zealand
madlep Dev says

Though, some sort of testing regarding search results is happening, because on codecanyon this is what can be seen in the source code of the page with any search results:
 <meta content="original" name="WT.new_sorting_method_test" />
  <meta content="100" name="WT.sales_boost_test" />
  <meta content="control" name="WT.qs_branch" />
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0ea2vkf52f
So: what we see now in the search results is from some temporary branch, displayed with the purpose to see how this affects the sales??

We had one in there for:

<meta content="true" name="WT.item_title_uses_blink_tags_test" />

but it didn’t convert very well, so we disabled that pretty quick ;)

614 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
Typps says

We had one in there for:
  <meta content="true" name="WT.item_title_uses_blink_tags_test" />
but it didn’t convert very well, so we disabled that pretty quick ;)

Explains why I was enjoying good sales for a short period. Please put it back :P

206 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Argentina
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

@madlep Are you aware of this thread?

Hi,

I have noticed that my sales have suddenly stopped. My last sale was about 36 hours ago. It’s strange because I have never faced with that for a year and always have 7-15 sales every day.

In the Google Analytics, I see that a lot of traffic go to my pages (by 50% than normally, but conversion equals 0).

Now I’m thinking what is wrong. Is here anybody who has the same issue? or it’s only for me?
SemblanceProduction
SemblanceProduction Recent Posts Threads Started
596 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
SemblanceProduction says

Hi. So i have 7 tracks that have “dubstep” in the song name and the first one i’ve found after searching for “dubstep” landed on page 7 after many songs that are not even in the genre and are named randomly.

by
by
by
by
by
by