1265 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

Hi -

While it’s interesting to see so many new projects posted lately, it’s overwhelming a bit. Is there any way to update the search functionality so that it displays, say all recent files from my favorite 20 authors only?

That type of expanded/advanced search functionality would be great. that would help…

853 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

Hey!

You can use the Marketplace ‘follow’ functionality to follow your favourite authors, whenever they have a new item out you can see them all in a grid box on the Marketplace home page when you’re logged in. (just underneath the search box on home page).

Hope this helps! :)

5076 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

I’m pretty certain Graphic’s not talking about that. After all, he’s been around a while, already follows plenty of authors and has probably spent more money on VH than any other single buyer (check out that second badge – sheesh!). :)

No – he’s talking about reducing a certain search by showing only followed authors. It makes perfect sense: Having collected, say 100 authors whose work you really like over the months and years, the day arrives when you need that perfect “grunge sport” template and you need it in a hurry. The ability to initially limit your search to your favoured authors for those search-keywords is an excellent one, and if time is of the essence, it might even mean the difference between finding the right template or not. Sorting back through the 9×9 box at the top right of the home page on the other hand would, in this instance, be as good as useless.

I think there’s so much more that could be done with the following functionality in general: to organise and manage the people that you follow, to have a social network aspect, to see what they’re doing, even receive “shouts” from them like on Vimeo. For me, it could even function as a very useful database of potential freelance contacts for the future.

So a big +1 from me for the idea.

46 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
RedCoreFX says

+1, big step forward

by
by
by