4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
benjibenja says

Hi!

I’m looking for a plugin that will link a unique alphanumeric code (not a qr code) to a unique page on a Wordpress site (identifiable by its url or custom id page) via a search box.

Basically, something like on this website: http://scanmypetpls.com where it says “FOUND A PET” on the right side. People enter a serial number/code and get DIRECTLY access to a profile page.

The problem I have with a normal search widget is that, they all have this extra step of “showing results” that I want to skip.

Can anyone think of something. I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Ben

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

for each item just generate an id

4 posts
  • Located in Europe
benjibenja says

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but could you elaborate a little bit please?

I understand that each item should have an id, but is there anything that can let users reach this ID directly through a nice and simple user interface?

Thank you so much,

Ben

5492 posts
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

citing your example in first post, users would need to know the PET ID, to proceed on that page.

Each post could have a hidden generated post ID, how you share that with indiiduals is gonna be your main issue, as thats the functionality you require.

4 posts
  • Located in Europe
benjibenja says

I totally agree with you, any ideas on how I could reach this goal?

In my case, the individuals will have the ID with them. My problem is therefore not so much how can I share the ID with people but how can people “write down” the ID they possess into some kind of a box that will link directly to the page/post that has the same ID…

Sorry to be a bit annoying…

Thanks for your replies.

Ben

5492 posts
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

Not knowing what system you are using, so I am assuming wordpress, as you asked about a plugin.

When you generate a post, thats hidden from normal view, you generate a POST ID. Then store this in the db. My reckoning you would need someone, who can do this for you.

Your search box, would then expect say a 6 digit ID, which users who know it, can type in and it polls your db for that ID, and then redirects them to the page with that ID.

You really need a good wordpress developer to do this for you, perhaps go thru some plugins on here that are for wordpress, and contact some of the guys directly, with a more comprehensive explanation and budget.

by
by
by
by
by
by