1182 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
campolar says

It’s really easy. Do what the current successful people did: drop out of college :P

Really, if you look around, almost everyone who is very famous and very rich, have dropped out of college!

I think there is one reason for this, by dropping out they were able to focus all their mind into stuff other than studies ;)

2454 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I think it depends on what you consider success to be.

If you wish for a career, then school is really helpful; if you’re more of the entrepreneurial type, then yes, drop it :D

1875 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Did you just started this thread because you are trying to convince your mom that you should skip college? :D

Been there… good luck ;)

284 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Shellbot says

But I dropped out of college and spent the next 6 years bumming around with no money and relying on people to buy me drinks, so it’s not foolproof.

I mean, yeah, I will be very successful…but it’s not always immediate :p

1182 posts
campolar says
Did you just started this thread because you are trying to convince your mom that you should skip college? :D Been there… good luck ;)

Sort of :D

I want to go to college, just don’t want my mom to keep telling me to study all the time :P :D

367 posts
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says

I think you gotta look at the reason for ditching College rather than just the action of doing so.

People who ditch College and become super rich and endowed with pure awesomeness were probably so great that College could no longer sustain their awesome energy and they decided to leave and pure it into multi-billion dollar projects instead.

1182 posts
campolar says
I think you gotta look at the reason for ditching College rather than just the action of doing so. People who ditch College and become super rich and endowed with pure awesomeness were probably so great that College could no longer sustain their awesome energy and they decided to leave and pure it into multi-billion dollar projects instead.

Uhh? Who doesn’t think they have “ideas worth pure awesomeness”?

367 posts
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says
I think you gotta look at the reason for ditching College rather than just the action of doing so. People who ditch College and become super rich and endowed with pure awesomeness were probably so great that College could no longer sustain their awesome energy and they decided to leave and pure it into multi-billion dollar projects instead.

Well you gotta do more than just have great ideas and I think some people who think their ideas are great are well.. delusional. It takes many years to become an idea monger and have the right skills and resources to execute them.. and a bit of luck too.

1182 posts
campolar says
Well you gotta do more than just have great ideas and I think some people who think their ideas are great are well.. delusional. It takes many years to become an idea monger and have the right skills and resources to execute them.. and a bit of luck too.

Its all about luck!

367 posts
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says
Its all about luck!

I really don’t think so. If so then why not just play the lottery for a living.

I think luck is a factor but to become a success you must work hard, pursue your dreams, believe in yourself and have something great to offer.

by
by
by
by
by
by