672 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

Going with improving the search, I’d like to see more filters for searching and perhaps an explanation as to how the tags are weighted (if they are at all) in terms of what shows up when you search for something in particular.

For instance if I search for “Trailer” right now, I get a list sorted by “Relevance”. What exactly determines how relevant a particular file is to a search? :confused:

We also get 3 additional sort filters: Rating, Sales, and Price. This REALLY should be fleshed out IMHO . Newest, Oldest, and Length should all be included along with an “Author” textbox to allow for buyers to type a specific authors name to search for within the returned results set.

I think implementing these would really help buyers further navigate the evergrowing pile of files that are in the jungle.

34 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
ecital says

Going with improving the search, I’d like to see more filters for searching and perhaps an explanation as to how the tags are weighted (if they are at all) in terms of what shows up when you search for something in particular.

For instance if I search for “Trailer” right now, I get a list sorted by “Relevance”. What exactly determines how relevant a particular file is to a search? :confused:

We also get 3 additional sort filters: Rating, Sales, and Price. This REALLY should be fleshed out IMHO . Newest, Oldest, and Length should all be included along with an “Author” textbox to allow for buyers to type a specific authors name to search for within the returned results set.

I think implementing these would really help buyers further navigate the evergrowing pile of files that are in the jungle.

+1

83 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
GabrielCarter says

I would suggest that effects should never be on the front page, the reason being if you make a police siren then you need to tag it ‘police siren’ – someone can search for it and find it , or ‘subway train’ and search and find a number of them and choose one. If you make a track and call it ‘lovely day’ or ‘brazil baby’ or ‘death watch’ then its a lot harder for people to find these great tracks, so in my humble opinion music should be on the main page and effects should be used as a resource which is really a search engine thing not for unwitting customers to come accross a chainsaw or a martian going through a wormhole or a toilet flushing.

3699 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Wouldn’t a simple solution be to make the default on the front page just music items instead? Then you can still select “all” or “sounds” if you want.

by
by
by
by
by
by