147 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
mediaconcierge says

Hello envato community.

I was wondering if there is an option to see who exactly (which member) is buying your product. Would be a nice addition for the Earnings page.

Best regards, dfs

2715 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
DanielKeller says

hi dfs, there’s only one option atm… when someone mails you, you are able to know if he’s a buyer of your files or not.. via a link in that mail

I don’t know if this gonna happen in the future features, but I think some buyers want not be seen as your buyer (don’t ask me why :D)

147 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
mediaconcierge says

Okay, thanks for the information danielku

2715 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
DanielKeller says

you’re welcome :)

1173 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says

Anonymity is necessary. Consider a case where a buyer is known to an author and that author decides to spam the buyer with either unnecessary praise for purchasing or worse trying to sell up other items as well.

60 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
draftbeer80 says

I’m gonna have to agree with motionreactor there. In as much as I want to know who buys my stuff to know if there’s a certain marketing strategy we could employ to increase sales or if a certain marketing strategy have been effective, I believe that a buyer is entitled to that annonymity. And envato, should always put the buyer’s welfare first. :-D

60 posts
+2 more
draftbeer80 says

Now, just a follow up to my previous post. I wouldn’t insist on seeing who buys stuff from the envato marketplace, but I think a more suitable suggestion/proposal would be to allow us authors know how many people are viewing our items whether or not they bought the item. What do you guys think?

1173 posts
  • Located in Australia
+3 more
Motionreactor says

I can understand why a ‘conversion’ rate as you are suggesting is an interesting statistic, but how can you actually use it? It doesn’t tell you why a particular product is selling better.

60 posts
+2 more
draftbeer80 says

Yes, that may be correct motionreactor. But the number of views would at least give us an idea as to how many people are checking out the product so if it’s not generating as much sales then that means it’s not the marketing strategy that is flawed but rather the product was just not that useful to potential buyers or the product simply needs improvement.

1173 posts
  • Located in Australia
+3 more
Motionreactor says

Or it could mean the preview didn’t impress, the description wasn’t selling it or the tags were misleading and the user searched for but got the wrong thing. This is what I’m saying, it is statistically meaningless.

Actually contrary to what you were saying I think it is the reverse. I think that the sales clearly indicate the usefulness of the item already whereas page views could hint at marketing success. Again, it is not that useful though. What would be far more useful is to know what people searched for to get to your item, or for example what their last 3 or 4 clickthroughs were. You need context for a useful statistic so it would need to be closely related to something else IMO .

by
by
by
by
by
by