238 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Mastergreed says

I’ve got an idea for a market-like website that could be successful – well, I’ve got a lot of ideas regarding this website and its development, but since I live in Poland I can only dream about any form of financial capital for beginning – you know, 20-years old student in Poland equals enemy of the state, he should be smashed and throw into oblivion – he’s not working, so he won’t pay loan from bank – he can’t count on his family or friends so he stuck – especially if he’s alone with his idea…

So the theoretical question is: how to find among all these people in the web a php/mysql/ajax programmer who could work not for me but with me for free, knowing that our website will be a success? Is this even possible or is it just an unrealistic dream?

Damn, why I’ve been born in this country?!

4905 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

I wish I could help you but my advice to you is…move. :)

171 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

All you need is another person just like you willing to put in the work to make something happen. Try to find someone locally that you can sit down and discuss site ideas with, someone you trust. There’s gotta be someone you can convince to work with you.

238 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Mastergreed says

That’s why I love this forum – two replies and I already feel better :).

@xdozex – I’m thinking about it heh

2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

To be honest, anytime I read threads from people asking for a partner to work for free, my first extinct is to stay as far away as possible.

It’s absolutely nothing personal, but 99 times out of a 100, the person ends up with nothing to show for it. It’s simply too risky.

But, I would suggest that you develop a business plan for your site and start emailing people you respect. Somebody may bite.

30 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
parker says

I agree with Jeff. Sometimes it can be too risky to give up your time for something that could be a complete flop.

Also I do not see what is wrong with living in poland, sure I have heard a lot of sleezy talk about polish people, but they have only been saying that recently because they have been flooding the country and taking the jobs.

Anyway, goodluck finding a business partner.

by
by
by
by
by
by