456 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
godonholiday says

I have almost finished a PSD design and would appreciate some feedback before submitting it.

http://www.learnitpassiton.com/Picture%206.png

Thanks

343 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
JackHowell says

Tis nice I think it stands a good chance with a few tweaks. The only thing that bugs me at the moment is that it feels like the same layer style has been applied to everything on the page which means that nothing quite lifts it up.

Unfortunately the links box on the right has also created a large amount of white (well, black) space under it – maybe compact and move the contact form there? Seems a bit detached at the bottom there.

Shadow on the photo at the top does not make sense – light source appears to be coming from the very top though the shadow is off to the left.

Overall, very nice and is heading in the right direction. I think it will need some work before it goes through the review process as the PSD category is especially difficult to get into compared to others.

456 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
godonholiday says

Thanks for the pointers… I’ll have a look and how I can make the changes :)

456 posts
+3 more
godonholiday says
The only thing that bugs me at the moment is that it feels like the same layer style has been applied to everything on the page which means that nothing quite lifts it up.

Unfortunately the links box on the right has also created a large amount of white (well, black) space under it – maybe compact and move the contact form there? Seems a bit detached at the bottom there.

Shadow on the photo at the top does not make sense – light source appears to be coming from the very top though the shadow is off to the left.

Made some changes in that direction.

529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
AmandaHackwith says

I like the idea but a few things that make my eye twitch:

-the top box is square while everything else ont he site is rounded. That could be a nice purposeful accent if you do it right, but as it is now it sticks out. If you keep the square edges, make it a bit wider so it visually aligns with the rounded edges.

- the next/previous buttons on the header intrude into the image a bit too much for my taste. make smaller or pull them back.

-the fonts and spacing on the main links doesn’t feel right. Perhaps bolder text for readability?

-bump the search function at the top further to the right so it lines up with the right side of the grid. For that matter, make sure every element lines up with a visual grid.

Good luck!

456 posts
+3 more
godonholiday says
I like the idea but a few things that make my eye twitch:

-the top box is square while everything else ont he site is rounded. That could be a nice purposeful accent if you do it right, but as it is now it sticks out. If you keep the square edges, make it a bit wider so it visually aligns with the rounded edges.

I have aligned the top box with the rounded corners… maybe I need to try it rounded?

- the next/previous buttons on the header intrude into the image a bit too much for my taste. make smaller or pull them back.

I have moved the buttons and think you ar right, they look better. I might still make them smaller

-the fonts and spacing on the main links doesn’t feel right. Perhaps bolder text for readability?

Changed the fonts and think they are more appropriate now?

-bump the search function at the top further to the right so it lines up with the right side of the grid. For that matter, make sure every element lines up with a visual grid.

I have managed to align each element.

Any other changes that might get it accepted? lol

Thanks

456 posts
+3 more
godonholiday says

Sorry, here are some variations:

http://www.learnitpassiton.com/twilo1.png

http://www.learnitpassiton.com/twilo2.png

and the original:

http://www.learnitpassiton.com/Picture%206.png

thanks for all the great feedback so far.

by
by
by
by
by
by