267 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 8
  • Collector Level 4
  • Weekly Top Seller
+3 more
Prothemeus
says

We are currently using MediaElementjs for our self-hosted audio and video players but I don’t like it as much as I had hoped. My question is; are there any players for self-hosted video/audio that can be skinned easily? Also, I see dozens of websites displaying videos just fine across multiple browsers and I highly doubt they are using the .OGV and .MP4 file of the same video. Is there a player that can do this all at once?

124 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 5
  • Belarus
  • Collector Level 2
+1 more
Themico
says

Also using MediaElement, for now all is good. Of course, some problems, but overall I like it.

Check this page: http://praegnanz.de/html5video/ . Maybe it will help to find an alternative. You can read short feedback about each solution by clicking it.

101 posts
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 4
+3 more
PixelBook
says

yes, there are

jplayer and videojs

Also check the html5 video compatibiliy table on the video.js plugin page. It lists the browsers and their supported formats

3804 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 11
  • Trendsetter
  • 7 Years of Membership
+12 more
KrownThemes
says

Can i ask why don’t you like me.js? I am also using it and have found it incredibly easy to use and pretty good compared to others. it was a bit hard to skin, but i’ve managed to do it and it’s also responsive, so…

97 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Finland
  • 6 Years of Membership
+6 more
Smuliii
says

I’ve tried at least a dozen different HTML5/Flash players, and in my opinion VideoJS is clearly the best in every way (compatibility, skinning etc.).

You can see it in action in my latest WP theme (Taste Lab video).

by
by
by
by
by
by