6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Clap GIFs assembled in single thread. :sunglasses:

hahaha, is it possible for anyone to predict this before posting a thread? Even if the thread had a title of “Post the clap clap GIFs here”, it would be hard to assure!

61 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
FreshCreations says

Yeah great, why would you even consider buying your own items as you have full rights off them.

So the “im buying it for my client” remark seems weird to me. You could handle that in private or let them buy it them self..

So im deffinaly support in cleaning those authors up or even ban them in worst cases.

413 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
mitdralla says

So the “im buying it for my client” remark seems weird to me. You could handle that in private or let them buy it them self..

I haven’t done this myself. But sometimes, a client should not be bothered to do so. Its like me saying, I am happy to set up your blog, but since you want this, you need to get familiar with this site, sign up, verify, download and give me the files…

I know everyone deals with a variety of clients and size, but sometimes, they should not even have to think about doing that.

I totally agree with the fact something should be done about abuse.

136 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeShaper says

Can Envato confirm they will be (at least) looking at:

1)Buying patterns in relation to IP address 2)Buying patterns in relation to Credit card / paypal details

Specifically without doing 2), you can probably still self purchase undetected and abuse referral for free sale (cheap proxies are easy to get in significant numbers, so IP monitoring wouldn’t be enough. Account monitoring alone obviously wouldn’t be sufficient).

I hope Envato does crack down on this. My suspicions of this (combined with the emphasis on getting on the top seller list to actually make decent sales) have personally put me off making more items.

I also think that as well as looking at this issue Envato needs to address the lop sided dependence on the top seller list for long term sales. It wouldn’t surprise me now if you actually have to self buy to get enough sales to get on the top sellers list. It is hardly surprising (imo) sellers are doing this with the tiny amount of homepage exposure and huge sales needed to get long lasting sales (onto the top seller list or nothing and waste a month + of you time).

For example, just paginate the top seller list. Allow for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th page etc. A solid item that gets 30+ (honest) sales in the first week deserves more exposure.

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
loveetc says

Yeah great, why would you even consider buying your own items as you have full rights off them.

So im deffinaly support in cleaning those authors up or even ban them in worst cases.

++1 for you my friend.

633 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+5 more
UBLThemes says

++1 for you my friend.

I have purchased my items a couple of times so I could get the purchase code so I could test the envato api with my support system I was building.

I asked on here in a post and a member of staff actually told me to buy my own item, that is the only way to do it, he said.

So I did.

Ive done it a couple of times, nothing much as you can tell me my item sales, not for ratings or for purchase sales but for testing the envato api system.

This is the staff member saying they even did it.

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/verifying-purchase-question/73094#message_content_635210

That is a reason why some authors buy their own items…

61 posts
+2 more
FreshCreations says

I know that some clients dont want to be bothered with that caus most of my clients even dont know how to use a computer. But that wasnt my point.

My point was that there is no need to purchase anything from yourself caus you already got it on your computer right?

You can handle it in private with that particular client. No need to make a loop to TF (or the other marketplaces)

And yeah envato will miss there commision on that particular client but hey i guess they wont be sleeping anyless on that.

I haven’t done this myself. But sometimes, a client should not be bothered to do so. Its like me saying, I am happy to set up your blog, but since you want this, you need to get familiar with this site, sign up, verify, download and give me the files…

I know everyone deals with a variety of clients and size, but sometimes, they should not even have to think about doing that.

I totally agree with the fact something should be done about abuse.
2230 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

My point was that there is no need to purchase anything from yourself caus you already got it on your computer right?

You can handle it in private with that particular client. No need to make a loop to TF (or the other marketplaces)

As an exclusive author you agree to precisely NOT do that.

61 posts
+2 more
FreshCreations says

@UBL

once or twice thats fine but i think we are talking about 10/50+ own purchases would be suspicious.

1820 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+12 more
SamBerson says

Hey guys, As you might know…

by
by
by
by