412 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
mitdralla says

My point was that there is no need to purchase anything from yourself caus you already got it on your computer right?

You can handle it in private with that particular client. No need to make a loop to TF (or the other marketplaces)

As an exclusive author you agree to precisely NOT do that.
+1
Really? It’s my item and I can do what I want with it. You agree NOT to sale on OTHER marketplaces (including your own one). Using your items for your clients it’s not like you’re selling on other marketplaces.

It’s not JUST other marketplaces.

You may elect to become an Exclusive Seller which means that you agree only to sell your Products through the Sites and not through other web sites or other medium (Exclusive Seller).

153 posts I think about colours
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
SkatDesign says

My point was that there is no need to purchase anything from yourself caus you already got it on your computer right?

You can handle it in private with that particular client. No need to make a loop to TF (or the other marketplaces)

+1
Really? It’s my item and I can do what I want with it. You agree NOT to sale on OTHER marketplaces (including your own one). Using your items for your clients it’s not like you’re selling on other marketplaces.

You may elect to become an Exclusive Seller which means that you agree only to sell your Products through the Sites and not through other web sites or other medium (Exclusive Seller).

It’s YOUR item. How silly it would be to purchase your OWN item to use for a client?

Quote from staff member, page 1 point #4:

You do not have to purchase a license to your own files if you intend on using the item in question for your own clients outside of our Marketplaces.

412 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
mitdralla says

+1

It’s YOUR item. How silly it would be to purchase your OWN item to use for a client?

You do not have to purchase a license to your own files if you intend on using the item in question for your own clients outside of our Marketplaces.

I am not saying I would. But it says you do not have to. It does not say don’t.

221 posts
  • Palestinian Territory
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
YousefShanti says

3192 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

so if we cant purchase are own item how the F*!k do we test the API? as the devs had made it clear they have no plans to build a sandbox

5185 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

so if we cant purchase are own item how the F*!k do we test the API? as the devs had made it clear they have no plans to build a sandbox

Please see my previous response :)

We fully understand that there are legit reasons you may need to purchase your own file, and we’re happy to work with you in those cases. We just wanted to provide some guidelines to let people know what’s outside the legitimate terms of use.
1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

OK.. I’m sorry.. I won’t do it again…
Let’s cut the clapping crap.

Now that’s more fun!

+1

224 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
WPAlchemy says

61 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Netherlands
FreshCreations says

+1

+1

2086 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says