Selling Exclusively or Non-Exclusively (per item) and Regular License or Extended License

366 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+4 more
RightHere says
Philo01 said
We already had this chat ;) http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/choose-license-for-each-file/44576 But still +1 :)

I guess its then important to mention it again as we have not received an official answer whether this is something that Envato would prioritize. I’m not saying right now as I’m sure there are other things important, but the License per item is definitely important.

The other one is just a “nice to have” :)

972 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

This is to do with licences so im going to post it here, but i also thing extended licences should be optional per app… and it should be very easy to code.

no need for non-exclusive and exclusive thing to be on one account, it makes it the authors on here want to be exclusive if they need to have 2 accounts and stuff like that.

anyway….

I would like a way to upgrade a licence, like… i bought a script off codecanyon and i knew i wanted an extended licence but im not going to spent that much to find out its not got what i want, like (server requirements, not easy to install, language not oop) so i got the regular licence but now i need to contact support to get the extended licence… its just a pain, and im sure extended licence sales would go up after that as well.

any one agree or just me.

421 posts butlerm.com
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Beta Tester
+9 more
butlerm says

Just a thought that this could be problematic finding items if you have 100’s or 1000’s of individual items.

by
by
by
by
by
by