80 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
real_texelart says

Hi good morning, someone is illegally selling my images in this website. the user is called Texelart, which really is the nickname I use for selling. Sorry if I’m skipping some rule of the forum, but it is very serious. I have put several tickets, what else I can do?. Thanks.

i forgot it, this is the link of the illegal seller http://graphicriver.net/user/Texelart

this is my gallery in SS: http://www.shutterstock.com/cat.mhtml?gallery_id=677335

2077 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I knew I had seen this stuff before but as the author was not exclusive to this marketplace I thought it was the real person.

You need to send envato a cease and desist letter something like bellow

Dear [name]:

It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my copyrighted work entitled [name of work] (the “Work”) in the preparation of a work derived therefrom. I have reserved all rights in the Work, first published in [date], [and have registered copyright therein]. Your work entitled [name of infringing work] is essentially identical to the Work and clearly used the Work as its basis. [Give a few examples that illustrate direct copying.]

As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for [name of infringing work] nor to make or distribute copies, including electronic copies, of same, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504©(2) therein.

I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the Work, and all copies, including electronic copies, of same, that you deliver to me, if applicable, all unused, undistributed copies of same, or destroy such copies immediately and that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by [date give them about 2 weeks] indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall take further action against you.

Very truly yours,

57 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
Networksavvy says

I knew I had seen this stuff before but as the author was not exclusive to this marketplace I thought it was the real person.

Dear [name]:

It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my copyrighted work entitled [name of work] (the “Work”) in the preparation of a work derived therefrom. I have reserved all rights in the Work, first published in [date], [and have registered copyright therein]. Your work entitled [name of infringing work] is essentially identical to the Work and clearly used the Work as its basis. [Give a few examples that illustrate direct copying.]

As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for [name of infringing work] nor to make or distribute copies, including electronic copies, of same, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504©(2) therein.

I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the Work, and all copies, including electronic copies, of same, that you deliver to me, if applicable, all unused, undistributed copies of same, or destroy such copies immediately and that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by [date give them about 2 weeks] indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall take further action against you.

Very truly yours,

How do we know this guy is the real one? and not just some one who’s ticked off for whatever reason.

396 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
aRtlessX says

Which address did you use to contact support? Try this one: http://graphicriver.net/support

Also contact them through their twitter page, it seems that many times they get to answer faster that way.

How do we know this guy is the real one? and not just some one who’s ticked off for whatever reason.
We don’t really and we’ve seen it happening before ;) But at this point, for me, both get the benefit of the doubt and I trust support will check all scenarios/possibilities to find who is who and get to the bottom of it.
80 posts
  • Spain
real_texelart says

Thank you very much, I feel so bad especially because I can not speak my language and I can not express well. Thanks for the help.

2077 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

Dear [name]:

Very truly yours,

Don’t know if it the real one he will have to prove that all he had to do is show wireframes from the 3d model to prove he has made it as on the site they are sold you do not get the 3d models included when you buy it.

80 posts
  • Spain
real_texelart says

thx aRtlessX, I’ve sent two tickets from this page, wait the answer.

Networksavvy, i have the original files of all my works, i can send to the admins render of a image with other color, changing the camera, adding the 3d words “i´m texelart” or whatever. So i will probe that i´m the real owner.

thx all

80 posts
  • Spain
real_texelart says

Yes or wired renders

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
eventdee says

wow, i actually noticed those files and found it fishy since i know the style has been around for quite a while so was surprised of the sudden flooding here, guess they where yours anyway congrats on a very recognizable style

80 posts
  • Spain
real_texelart says

thanks I’m glad you like it. I thought this could not happen to me and I assure you it is very unpleasant to see how other make money with your work.

Texelart.

by
by
by
by
by
by