80 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
real_texelart says

It is the first time this happens and as I said Raincutter the damage is small at the moment. I’d settle for that act fast because as we say in Spanish, “no hay mal que por bien no venga(no bad without any good, or something like that)”, I have known new website where i can try to sell my work.

2098 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I’m glad that you found out this person stealing your images before much damage done. BTW you can always report copyright infringement through the specific item page as well.

Hope you get it all sorted out ASAP . :)

Nice, the only positive I can see is he must have bought all you work at high res which will have cost him more that he had made selling them on his market place.
There are other ways to obtain a file and SS has been suffering due to it since ages, if you know what I mean.

Sorry not quite sure what you mean, i check online and i could not see any of his images being given away fro free so I assumed that the fake texelart bought them!

3085 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Raincutter says

Good luck man! You should ask for a compensation from Envato because it’s not only user’s fauld, it’s Envato’s too.

It’s impossible practically and logically:

Practically:

Terms & Conditions (Envato’s Role) – Clause 4
Ownership of Products remains with the seller. Envato does not obtain any right of ownership or use (including any intellectual property rights) in respect of the Products.

Envato does not have any control over, and does not take any responsibility for, the quality, safety or legality of any Products downloaded by you from the Sites.

Envato does not warrant that the Products or any content, code, data or materials downloaded from the Sites does not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party. Each Seller is required to warrant that its Product does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.

Logically:

It’s impossible to filter every uploaded content. It’s impossible for any human (as well as any reviewer :D j/k) to remember or identify infringing material on such position in a world of such a diverse and mass digital creative items unless he’s a spirit or supernatural force that reanimates a dead body.. i.e. a ZOMBIE ! Bwhahahahaha… Oh… I got carried away! :evil:

1406 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
+2 more
Stylius says

because it’s not only user’s fauld, it’s Envato’s too.
Errr…no it’s not. What do you suggest, that every single time a user comes and registers Envato should throw a background check and a search through the whole internet to see if s/he’s uploading legot stuff? Let’s get real for a minute, shall we?

They should take care of our files because not only we get money from them, they do it too. don’t you think? It would be great if I’d open a website and people can register and sell files and I get paid from it without worrying where these files came from.

@Raincutter well, you can see it this way too. :bigsmile: but I think it’s totally unfair.

3085 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Raincutter says

I’m glad that you found out this person stealing your images before much damage done. BTW you can always report copyright infringement through the specific item page as well.

Hope you get it all sorted out ASAP . :)

Nice, the only positive I can see is he must have bought all you work at high res which will have cost him more that he had made selling them on his market place.
There are other ways to obtain a file and SS has been suffering due to it since ages, if you know what I mean.
Sorry not quite sure what you mean, i check online and i could not see any of his images being given away fro free so I assumed that the fake texelart bought them!

hmm… not sure how many sites you might have checked. It was just my speculation because let’s say it, how could a person be so dumb that he would pay for something, and then try to make money in such a way that he’d hardly get the return. Let alone the profit.

3085 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Raincutter says

because it’s not only user’s fauld, it’s Envato’s too.
Errr…no it’s not. What do you suggest, that every single time a user comes and registers Envato should throw a background check and a search through the whole internet to see if s/he’s uploading legot stuff? Let’s get real for a minute, shall we?

They should take care of our files because not only we get money from them, they do it too. don’t you think? It would be great if I’d open a website and people can register and sell their works and I get paid from it without worrying where these files came from.

@Raincutter well, you can see it this way too. :bigsmile: but I think it’s totally unfair.

You just added the emotional point, dude! :D But it’s just impossible. :notfunny:

1406 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
+2 more
Stylius says

^ lol :bigsmile:

396 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
aRtlessX says

What Rain says. What I consider an ideal situation and what is human possible and realisitic to happen the way things stand with technology and the net, are two completely different things and you can’t really blame Envato for that. What you can blame them for, is if they don’t act on it and protect you AFTER it has come to their attention.

935 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
graphicmind says

The fake texelart keeps uploading!

80 posts