163 posts World Director
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
dedalx says

Hello, we made designs and created themes for OpenCart and Magento from the same designs, and sell it on Themeforest. By Themeforest rules we can’t sell this themes on other sites or marketplaces (or we loose our Exclusive author status and comission). I understand this policy.

The question is – can we sell/distribute for free themes for OTHER PLATFORMS (that we don’t sell on themeforest), but made with our current designs (that used in Magento and OpenCart themes that we SELL on themeforest) ? Or we can’t do this?

Summary:

1) Another platform themes (we don’t sell themes for this platform on themeforest)

2) The same our designs that we used for other platforms on themeforest

3) We don’t sell PSD for this designs on Envato websites

Can we distribute another platform themes on other websites without loosing Exclusive Authour status? Waiting for some staff reply to understand the rules correctly.

481 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Located in United Kingdom
+3 more
FlatKing says

Seems fine. You could sell a WordPress theme and give away the html template both with the same design

639 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

I’m not sure if that’s fine. Because also the design IS a part of the item you sell here. So giving that part away for free or sell it elsewhere wouldn’t be a good thing for Themeforest, thus i’m not sure if this is allowed while being an exclusive author.

163 posts World Director
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
dedalx says

I’m not sure if that’s fine. Because also the design IS a part of the item you sell here. So giving that part away for free or sell it elsewhere wouldn’t be a good thing for Themeforest, thus i’m not sure if this is allowed while being an exclusive author.

This is why I asked this question here and wan’t a staff reply :)

by
by
by
by
by
by