1353 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

I am just curious what you guys think of selling a successful marketplace account. I know it is forbidden to sell, but people can do it if they want it.

I am not one of the top authors but I can make around $500 a month. Its a successful business model and it is going to get better as % ’s increase.

What do you guys think of this?

Before everyone starts saying “why would anyone sell it?”, I am just saying that lets say you are offered 20 times of your monthly earnings at once. Would you consider selling it?

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Too risky for the guy that buy the account .. what tell him the owner won’t request to have it back ?

If there is no legal agreements and nothing that protect the person who want to buy an account… it cannot be done in my opinion.

2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

This is definitely an interesting idea. I’m curious as to what the rest of the community thinks.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
This is definitely an interesting idea. I’m curious as to what the rest of the community thinks.

Yeah really intresting.

Maybe I can start a new account and sell it later when it reach the popular author of the month :)

62 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Kayara says

If the buyer doesn’t have much talent, the account would quickly lose its value don’t you think ? Kinda risky…

342 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
reidknorr says

The first thing that came to mind for me is that someone will just take it over and run with the earnings each month, but then perhaps not provide any type of support or take care of any necessary updates to files. Based on that it doesn’t seem like such a good idea, but I could be wrong.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
If the buyer doesn’t have much talent, the account would quickly lose its value don’t you think ? Kinda risky…

+1 but if the buyer already have an acount and is sucessful already .. maybe he can buy an account that already have followers + higher commission rates …

That is seriously quite interesting haha ..

Someone want to buy an account with 155 followers , 44% rates and that will be in popular author of the month for november ? haha , im kidding :)

1353 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says
Too risky for the guy that buy the account .. what tell him the owner won’t request to have it back ? If there is no legal agreements and nothing that protect the person who want to buy an account… it cannot be done in my opinion.

Everything can be arranged. You do not have your personal information attached to your account. Just your email and password.

You can even go ahead and sign a contract if you are too worried.

The buyer does not have to be a designer. He will just get earnings from the existing files for the rest of his life.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
lets say you are offered 20 times of your monthly earnings at once. Would you consider selling it?

I would .. that would be 40K

629 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+9 more
Kriesi says

20 times? definitely ;D

by
by
by