30 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+1 more
SimonDaum says

This might have been asked before, and if so, I am sorry to ask it again :) .. But since I am not enlgish myselfe I might have overlooked it somehow.. Am I allowed to sell my music on iTunes e.t.c., but just not as a license, or would I not be allowed to sell them at all… if so, do people which buy my music on AJ always have to pay 17 Dollars even though they just want to buy the music for themselves ??

And.. do I have to make ALL songs available for exclusive or can I handle it differently with each song ??

Thank You

Simon

782 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
StudioEtude says

I think, You must read HERE

30 posts
+1 more
SimonDaum says

Thanks much, will have a look ;)

517 posts Epic Trailer Music
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
MartijndeBont says

Hi Simon,

Your first question: it is allowed to sell your music on Itunes, even as an exclusive author. See this thread (it’s 4 years old but I assume this hasn’t changed).

Second question: No, you can’t change it per song unfortunately…

30 posts
+1 more
SimonDaum says

Thank you,

It would be awesome if it were possible to sell some songs exclusive and some not.. I already have most of my albums on CD-Baby, they also have already uploaded it on licensing sites.. I have spread my music on tons of sites which is all organized by CD – Baby and it would be almoust impossible to take them all out..

Also I wonder if as a usual buyer do you always have to pay 17 Dollar or similar ? Usually it’s just 0.99 per song …

815 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

0.99 per song is for listening only, it’s not for royalty free licensing. It can’t be used in video production and such.

+6 more
MartijndeBont says

Also I wonder if as a usual buyer do you always have to pay 17 Dollar or similar ? Usually it’s just 0.99 per song …

There’s a difference in Audiojungle and sites like Itunes. Buyers come here to purchase stock audio for use in (non) commercial projects, while Itunes is only for personal / entertainment use. That´s why you only pay $0,99 at itunes and $17 at AJ. You won´t see much buyers here purchasing $17 tracks for personal listening as that´s not what AJ is for.

30 posts
+1 more
SimonDaum says

There’s a difference in Audiojungle and sites like Itunes. Buyers come here to purchase stock audio for use in (non) commercial projects, while Itunes is only for personal / entertainment use. That´s why you only pay $0,99 at itunes and $17 at AJ. You won´t see much buyers here purchasing $17 tracks for personal listening as that´s not what AJ is for.

Thats what I mean, so if I sell my music exclisive on here for that specific purpouse ( licensing ) .. is the phrase “do not sell anywhere else” only refering to selling them as licenses, or is it also refereing to selling my music just for personal purpouses ?

If I am not allowed to sell my music at all in other places, the buyers would not buy my music at all since they don’t get it on AJ as 0.99 song..

So.. somehow I think it would make sense if I am allowed to sell all my exclusive files on iTunes and any other “personal use” site, but never on any licensing site.. But I am not sure wether I am allowed to or not

+6 more
MartijndeBont says

Thats what I mean, so if I sell my music exclisive on here for that specific purpouse ( licensing ) .. is the phrase “do not sell anywhere else” only refering to selling them as licenses, or is it also refereing to selling my music just for personal purpouses ?

If I am not allowed to sell my music at all in other places, the buyers would not buy my music at all since they don’t get it on AJ as 0.99 song..

So.. somehow I think it would make sense if I am allowed to sell all my exclusive files on iTunes and any other “personal use” site, but never on any licensing site.. But I am not sure wether I am allowed to or not

Simon, please see the thread I linked to in my first reply, as I said the answer is in there.

30 posts
+1 more
SimonDaum says

I will :)

by
by
by
by