87 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
webinest says

Hi Everyone

I have seen a lot of Authors selling themes with integrated plugins (such as LayerSlider Pro..etc), and also providing those plugins with the purchase. Those plugins belong to other Authors and are not free. So why are most authors doing this? Is that legal to sell/distribute other peoples plugins as part of your theme sale? Surely theres some rules there.

Thanks

309 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Austria
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
squaredWeb says

Those authors usually purchase an extended license of the plugins and also ask their authors for the right to put said plugins into their themes.

This way its perfectly fine according to themeforests rules as well as copyright laws and so on.

87 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
webinest says

Ah I see, that makes sense.

One more query, what about using FREE plugins from the Wordpress Repository and integrating and selling them as part of the theme? Can that be done without an extended license?

280 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
PrimaThemes says

Ah I see, that makes sense. One more query, what about using FREE plugins from the Wordpress Repository and integrating and selling them as part of the theme? Can that be done without an extended license?

You can read this, http://wp.tutsplus.com/articles/intro-to-tgm-plugin-activation-class-for-wordpress/

1789 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+11 more
SamBerson says

You can read this, http://wp.tutsplus.com/articles/intro-to-tgm-plugin-activation-class-for-wordpress/

Thanks for sharing that link, been looking for an article like that for ages!

by
by
by
by
by
by