136 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
tomislavn says

I was wondering if there is a plan to add Video Copilot’s Element3D as a category here on 3docean anytime soon. I know few other marketplaces have included it, so why not also here :)

Thank you!

39 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Thailand
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
bank508 says

I was wondering if there is a plan to add Video Copilot’s Element3D as a category here on 3docean anytime soon. I know few other marketplaces have included it, so why not also here :) Thank you!
+1
2269 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says

I was wondering if there is a plan to add Video Copilot’s Element3D as a category here on 3docean anytime soon. I know few other marketplaces have included it, so why not also here :) Thank you!

I’ll ask around and get back to you as soon as I have an answer :)

It does seem like a logical idea, given the connection that would enable with VH.

136 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
tomislavn says

It does seem like a logical idea, given the connection that would enable with VH.

Awesome :) ..exactly my point, it would open a whole new connection with Videohive, which would probably also had an impact to 3docean’s popularity – hopefully. After all, wouldn’t we all want for 3docean to grow? 8-)

Looking forward to your answer. Thank you! :)

• Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says

Awesome :) ..exactly my point, it would open a whole new connection with Videohive, which would probably also had an impact to 3docean’s popularity – hopefully. After all, wouldn’t we all want for 3docean to grow? 8-)

I’m afraid I’m back with a question of my own :D

I’m wondering, as with E3D you basically use any available .obj, .c4d model export from any application of your choice (ok, .c4d only from cinema), why would you want to isolate certain models to a particular category, effectively minimizing their exposure to those that aren’t using E3D, but would probably end up using your model for a different project?

I’m trying to understand this myself atm, so any clarification is highly appreciated!

136 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
tomislavn says

I’m wondering, as with E3D you basically use any available .obj, .c4d model export from any application of your choice (ok, .c4d only from cinema), why would you want to isolate certain models to a particular category, effectively minimizing their exposure to those that aren’t using E3D, but would probably end up using your model for a different project?

I’m trying to understand this myself atm, so any clarification is highly appreciated!

Dear contrastblack,

Simply, so people who need it for Element3D / After Effects work wouldn’t need to go through that tedious process of creating materials and lightning and fixing “normals” for the models that they import. That takes quite a lot of time.

Yes, Element3D reads .obj and .c4d formats, but it only does that – reads the geometry. So you have to re-texture, re-light and re-shade the model with native Element 3D settings.

This is where .e3d model preset comes in handy. It still uses .obj or .c4d source that you used in the first place – as it is pulling the geometry data from it, but it saves all the goodies with it – meaning Element3D materials, position, scene setup, textures, etc.

So with that ready, you simply fire up your AE, use Element effect on a layer and just import .e3d model preset – Boom! – You can proceed to animate with it since everything is there and ready for final production.

I hope I have managed to be clear enough :)

• Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says

I hope I have managed to be clear enough :)

Yes, you have, thanks!

I was just looking through the general 3dsmax > e3d export process and saw that the models go through with textures (just not directly applied), but the UVW coordinates are maintained, so textures could be simply dragged onto the blank white model. That is what actually confused me, as I thought this applies for most other exporters.

That being said, I’ll get back to you :P

Thanks again!

• Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says

Just a minor update: We’re currently looking into this, and discussing available options. It won’t be long now :P

518 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Europe
abstract-labs says

That’s a great idea, I agree with you guys, it would boost 3docean sales! Hope to see the new section soon! :)

136 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
tomislavn says

Just a minor update: We’re currently looking into this, and discussing available options. It won’t be long now :P

Great, thank you! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by