1745 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Yes, this should be made by default. People forget all the time so it’s better to keep them updated, automatically…

1264 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

I have also one question…

Can I ask Envato support for email address of potential buyer?

1578 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

I have also one question… Can I ask Envato support for email address of potential buyer?
Definitely no. They can’t share it. If somebody really interested he will be back to check your answer. But i agree some case it’s better to have checkbox marked by default.

Best regards, Andrey

1264 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

I have also one question… Can I ask Envato support for email address of potential buyer?
Definitely no. They can’t share it. If somebody really interested he will be back to check your answer. But i agree some case it’s better to have checkbox marked by default. Best regards, Andrey

Thank you Andrey, I was think that too, but I wans’t sure. :)

5778 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

While I’m not a UX designer, I would imagine that having any feature default to receiving email would be a no-no. You’d want the user to be actively part of the decision.

1745 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

While I’m not a UX designer, I would imagine that having any feature default to receiving email would be a no-no. You’d want the user to be actively part of the decision.

It’s maybe annoying, but only with Spam email I think. First time the buyer receives the email, he would open and checkout the link inside because it’s him who asked the question and wanted an answer. If he doesn’t want the email, he may find a link inside it helping him to Unsubscribe this function inside his Dashboard. This is how most services are doing. The important thing here, is letting the users know that THERE IS such feature provided.

1264 posts
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

It’s maybe annoying, but only with Spam email I think. First time the buyer receives the email, he would open and checkout the link inside because it’s him who asked the question and wanted an answer. If he doesn’t want the email, he may find a link inside it helping him to Unsubscribe this function inside his Dashboard. This is how most services are doing. The important thing here, is letting the users know that THERE IS such feature provided.

+1 Thank you!

by
by
by
by
by
by