76 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
o_creative says

Hi,

After having my first design rejected for “not being up to par” I was wondering if it would make any sense uploading the PSD file first and if that gets accepted adding the html version as a second option? This way you will have two options for the buyer (PSD only and PSD +HTML) and you wouldn’t put time (for coding up the pages) into something that won’t get accepted in the end.

Does this make sense? Any thoughts?

Thanks a bunch!

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says

There was a thread similar to this one and I believe they are working on a “send preview to reviewer” function so you can send the reviewer a .jpg of your theme. From there they can tell you if you are on the right track or not. Of course things like coding and validation still come into play, but it should give you an idea.

I’m not sure where they are on this, so maybe Jeffrey or another staff member can chime in here :)

Regards,

Drew

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

Yep. We’re working on a way to make the upload process much easier for everyone. These changes should take effect at the beginning of 09. I’ll keep everyone posted.

76 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
o_creative says

Sounds like great news! :) Still, does “my” idea make sense to anyone except of me?

1563 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
contempoinc says

I think i remember seeing a thread similar to this as well and they recommended not uploading a PSD and HTML version, although they do recommend if you have a WP theme to upload a static HTML version

by
by
by
by
by
by