199 posts ThemeVan
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 5 Years of Membership
+4 more
ThemeVan
says

A buyer told me he(or she) purchased my wordpress theme and can’t install, notice a error infomation ‘Unpacking the package…’, so he want to ask a refund, I promise him that I will help him to install until successful, however, if he insists on a refund, how you deal with that generally? Let’s him open a ticket on Envato support?

164 posts Designer & Developer
  • Trendsetter
  • Elite Author
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 8
+6 more
Webbu
says

Send this to your customer :) Because refund can only make from Envato.

http://goo.gl/LqaLk
1899 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Freebie
  • Most Wanted Winner
+4 more
dnp_theme
says

Well if you confirm it really does not work, fix it and reupload. If not his refund could be rejected by staff.

199 posts ThemeVan
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 5 Years of Membership
+4 more
ThemeVan
says

Well if you confirm it really does not work, fix it and reupload. If not his refund could be rejected by staff.

Well, I’m sure that the issue is not caused by theme, it’s folder permission on his server. So I need to tell him that he needs to contact TF support, right?

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 7
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 2
+7 more
PixelBin
says

It’s likely he won’t receive a refund unless the theme is actually broken and even then, support will tell you to fix it first. Refunds don’t come so easy, trust me.

1899 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Freebie
  • Most Wanted Winner
+4 more
dnp_theme
says

Well, I’m sure that the issue is not caused by theme, it’s folder permission on his server. So I need to tell him that he needs to contact TF support, right?

No need, show him confidence that your theme works, tell the NOOB he has to fix his write permissions.

Are you chinese?

605 posts I love the web!
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Freebie
+5 more
htmgarcia
says

I personally recommend you ask for support, as authors we can’t make refunds from the dashboard, unless you use money from your personal Paypal (or something like that) to send money back to the customer. Envato decides this through support contact.

199 posts ThemeVan
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 5 Years of Membership
+4 more
ThemeVan
says

No need, show him confidence that your theme works, tell the NOOB he has to fix his write permissions.

Are you chinese?

Thank you dnp_theme, yes, I’m Chinese.

199 posts ThemeVan
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 5 Years of Membership
+4 more
ThemeVan
says

I personally recommend you ask for support, as authors we can’t make refunds from the dashboard, unless you use money from your personal Paypal (or something like that) to send money back to the customer. Envato decides this through support contact.

Hey htmgarcia, glad to see you again, partner! :)

605 posts I love the web!
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Freebie
+5 more
htmgarcia
says

Hey htmgarcia, glad to see you again, partner! :)

Hello partner! I tried to be here as long as possible.
I’m happy to see that your theme is selling very well.

by
by
by
by
by
by