569 posts Fuel Your Web
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Won a competition Had an item featured on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

Hi,
I’ve been asked about this a bunch of times and I would like an experts opinion: when using Wordpress is it bad for SEO loading pages, posts and other custom post types with AJAX calls? These pages exist and can be accessed directly by typing their URL’s on the browser…
Any feedback is highly appreciated.

332 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dekciw says

If you can navigate your website and find all the content with JS completely disabled – you’re good to go.

741 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
Orbital_Themes says

As dekciw said, these pages must be indexable, that is accessible without JS. If you want to, for example, load a page content via AJAX after clicking a menu link, the menu link itself would have to lead to the actual page if JavaScript is turned off. Then, in your script, you would just event.preventDefault(); or return false;, so that clicking the link doesn’t open the page but rather makes an AJAX call.

3429 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
sevenspark Envato team says

Like the others said – basically, as long as your AJAX functionality is a progressive enhancement and not the only way to access content, you shouldn’t have a problem.

569 posts Fuel Your Web
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Won a competition Had an item featured on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

Thank you very much for your inputs. So I guess I’m already doing things like I should, because what I do basically is a “preventDefault” when the link is clicked. So, if Javascript is disabled, there’s nothing to prevent, right?

949 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

^ Yup, it will go to the link directly.

569 posts Fuel Your Web
+5 more
Pirenko says

Thanks everyone. Time to code a bit more :grin:

by
by
by
by
by
by