1417 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

I would like to move a script I’m selling from one website to another. Right now I am #1 in Google for a few keywords for it’s category and I don’t want to hurt my ranking. What would be the best way to move this with the least amount of impact on Google?

Currently it is located: [links removed – issue solved]

I would like to redirect it to the product page here: [removed]

Thanks!

117 posts
    Located in United States Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
webfector says

If you wish to inform Google that you’ve moved a specific page to another location, you must define so by providing Google with a proper 301 redirection.

If the redirection is set up properly, then Google will transfer link juice and PageRank over to the new location by the next PageRank update.

1417 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

Ok, I will research 301. Thanks for replying!

14 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
diyakapoor says

301 is used for page/website redirection, and there are many ways to implement 301 code. Like there is a different code for html, javascript, php, ASP etc. This tutorial http://bit.ly/syqp7e is containing coding snippets to apply different ways. You may the one which is easy for you.

3520 posts Ruben Bristian
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I’ve flagged your post because of the link.. Sorry about it :)

Yep, a 301 redirect would be perfect and it’s really easy to be done. Some hosting companies even have applications for defining redirects.

1417 posts
+3 more
WebSmacker says

It was very easy! I added 1 line to the .htaccess file and works great. Thanks for the help all.

by
by
by
by
by
by