162 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
anariel7 says

Hi,

i was thinking about it and wanted to aks you guys.What is better, to create with WordPress Theme separate mobile version (because most of themes looks fine on tablets) or to make full responsive theme? If it is full responsive,sometimes you can’t become the whole content and design same as on normal size formats and maybe some buyers expect this or?

316 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
SyamilMJ says

I actually thought about this too.

It would be nice if a theme has the “mobile only”, “desktop only” and “responsive” options, so that the user can install it on separate installs (but share the database). It would save a heck load of server resources and more importantly a lot faster to load for mobile users.

162 posts
+3 more
anariel7 says

I actually thought about this too. It would be nice if a theme has the “mobile only”, “desktop only” and “responsive” options, so that the user can install it on separate installs (but share the database). It would save a heck load of server resources and more importantly a lot faster to load for mobile users.

Yes because i think for mobile version is maybe better to stick just with some simple content,big menu and easy to use site (because of loading) and on tablet is not so important i think,because most of themes looks great as they are.

147 posts Get in the spotlight
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
FamousThemes says

Well I can give some help here considering that we receive this question almost everyday in our email.

I am a big fan of responsive tehnique and also of mobile themes developing.

So as a conclusion to what users prefer I can tell you that they are separated almost 50% and 50%.

1. Users that want a full responsive theme. They want to make all the content of the desktop version available also for mobiles and the mobile theme to looks the same only resized.

2. Users that want a separate mobile version so they can make it simplier will less content and graphics loads.

I allways ask users to show me their desktop website first to know what to recomand them. For the ones that have a big content desktop website I recomand a light separate mobile theme, and for those with a simple, clean desktop website to build a simple resposive code for it.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

162 posts
+3 more
anariel7 says

Well I can give some help here considering that we receive this question almost everyday in our email.

I am a big fan of responsive tehnique and also of mobile themes developing.

So as a conclusion to what users prefer I can tell you that they are separated almost 50% and 50%.

1. Users that want a full responsive theme. They want to make all the content of the desktop version available also for mobiles and the mobile theme to looks the same only resized.

2. Users that want a separate mobile version so they can make it simplier will less content and graphics loads.

I allways ask users to show me their desktop website first to know what to recomand them. For the ones that have a big content desktop website I recomand a light separate mobile theme, and for those with a simple, clean desktop website to build a simple resposive code for it.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Hi,

yes it makes sense. I was just thinking for the next template and what to do :). Thanks a lot for help :)

204 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
r0nka says

I don’t think they really care, all they want in my opinion is it to be comfortable and beautiful

29 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Argentina
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
aprjnet says

Well, I observed that customers pay more to fully and responsive themes!

by
by
by
by
by
by