27 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
mymatch says

Hi guys

I want to bring to people’s attention the serious abuse that the comments section is open to, and I don’t just mean spammers.

I am getting serious verbal abuse/cyber bullying (call it what you will) and more by two individuals in particular. Normally I just try and ignore them, although I have offered them help and support in the past, they have since turned into vicious animals. As I say normally I ignore them but recently it’s gotten way out of hand, to the point where I am considering removing my software from CC altogether.

I have reported them over the weekend via a support ticket, but if nothing can or is done about them and fast, then I will have no option but to leave CC for good.

Yes there have been issues with the software in the past, but these have been fixed, especially the security issues (which one of them claims hasn’t) and I’ve added new features that the other person requested. I have a few more bug fixes being released in the next few days but after that I don’t feel that I want to continue developing it if this is the kind of abuse I’m going to get. So they have single handedly potentially ceased further development by making my sales dive bomb.

I get emails from other users saying they can’t believe how I’m being treated, they say they’ve not seen anything like it in all their years on Envato.

Is there anything that can be done about these people?

Has anyone had a similar experience, or is it just me?

No doubt they will probably see this and I’ll get more s**t from them but I’m hoping that other authors might stick up for me a bit. After all, Envato can’t operate without it’s authors, so if are getting forced to leave by bitter individuals where will things end up.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and any advise from mods, I can post my support number if any mod wants to take it on.

Thanks Andy

158 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
michaeldale says

I’m pretty sure cyber bullying in Australia is illegal. Therefore I would be tempted to report them to the Police.

It is not acceptable and they should be at least permanently banned from the marketplace.

There is no rules in the marketplace saying that you need to provide support for your products. So the fact that you do shows that you are going above and beyond what is required.

Keep up the good work. If it becomes too hard to do business here take your awesome product elsewhere.

hugs :D

EDIT : Wow there are some real idiots in your comments section. I’ve just read a bunch. I’ve also reported them. They should be ashamed of themselves.

110 posts
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
AGSoft says

I just read all of the comments on your software, and the way they’re treating(although it’s highly likely it’s just one person) is absolutely appalling. Hell, you should report half of the comments as they’re either inappropriate, or a personal attack.

I’m pretty sure cyber bullying in Australia is illegal. Therefore I would be tempted to report them to the Police.
I’m pretty sure it is also, but due to it being done most likely international parties I’m also sure they won’t care unless it’s on a grand scale.
27 posts
  • United Kingdom
mymatch says

Thanks for the words of support Michael and AGSoft, maybe I’ve been too tolerant in the past as I believe in freedom of speech, but when it just becomes abuse a line has to be drawn.

I’ve never seen anything else like it on other people’s comments, I guess I’ve just been unlucky. :(

5072 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

Get siddharth on the case, he dont mess around. Bang out of order mate, hope you get it sorted.

23 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
LeftArmy says

What a shame, and here I was thinking that everyone could be friendly here =) I’ve never had a problem with my customers thankfully, but it’s a real shame that you’re getting abuse. Hope it’s sorted soon!

157 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
wpthemers says

I can understand your pain buddy. Even I think it’s the same person. And reporting it to the authorities isn’t going to help much either. Try and get in touch with a Mod, preferably Siddharth. That’s you best bet.

2820 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Yep flagging any abusive comments is the way to go, staff will be able to help out soon, hang in there! Certainly don’t give up developing your software and any additional modules for the sake of a few unhappy customers (or one unhappy customer with split personalities).

27 posts
  • United Kingdom
mymatch says

Thanks everyone, it’s reassuring to know that authors have got each others backs. I know I would if it was happening to someone else.

As a lot of comments have now been flagged it probably doesn’t look that bad to people now but believe me when I checked it this morning, there were some very vicious personal attacks on there. I assume mods can see reported comments?

Will this kind of thing find it’s way to Siddarth (via my support ticket) or do I need to contact him directly through his profile?

158 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
michaeldale says

Normally your support ticket will get to the right person. Although a twitter message can help push things a long.

Good luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by