128 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+3 more
Dary says

Hi Folks,

First of all this message is for everyone that is playing new authors.

I don’t know where to begin!

When i released my first psd template, i received many many offers some from themeforest authors and some from non-themeforest authors.

Whatever, i have received an offer from an elite author to develop my first theme, I said elite author with many sales interested in my psd template, Sounds good to me! I’ll go for it!

We made a deal and he promised the theme will be ready in 3 weeks! After 3 weeks still nothing! he asked for 2 more weeks, I said it’s okay!

1 Month and still nothing! I contact him to see what’s going on, He didn’t answer my emails he answered my emails only when i release a new theme saying, “More themes more sales for us!”

1 Months and half and he says everything is ready he needs to setup theme and fix bugs and ready to go!

But i was wrong and i was played! In the next week i sent him a message asking for the release date! He says i’m sorry and blah blah blah you know how sorry things is.

I end up my partnership with him, while ago he told me he never started working on my theme and he apologized to me! Seriously? you wasted 2 months of my time and you want me to accept you apology?

I start looking for a new front-back end developer to team up with, I checked my email and I found another elite author or i should say the dev of the most sales theme here on themeforest! Yes you heard that and i know you are trying to figure out who is he?!

No names! He promised that my theme theme will be ready include many options in for about 45 days, I said great! But unfortunately he was playing me! Can you believe that?

45 days, i asked him are we ready to go? He says Listen i’m…Blah Blah Blah you know how I’m busy and i have family things is so i will not mention anything he says!

He has a great skills but unfortunately he is lazy as hell, playing games and being outside all the day, Dude if you can’t take responsibility for it, Why did you email me then?

3 months and still nothing, He asked for one more month!

Sure he showed me responsive version of the theme but he never showed me the wordpress version, Then i realized that little bastard was playing me!

Well, I guess this is the end of the story! But let me guys ask you one question! Sure go ahead! Why you guys are so jealous about new authors selling their work? Remember that you were one of them! So why are you guys jealous of them?!

The marketplace is not just for you guys, it’s for everyone!

My goal is not to get many sales, My goal is to help people!

Please stick with the thread and be nice to the community.

Have a lovely day everyone!

MAHDI

202 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
ikaruna says

Hi,

Have you seen “The Social Network” movie :)? Just kidding, I don’t think anybody is jealous on new authors ( especially elite authors ).

cheers! jayc

364 posts Design Innovation
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
designova says

Hi,

Have you seen “The Social Network” movie :)? Just kidding, I don’t think anybody is jealous on new authors ( especially elite authors ).

cheers! jayc

+1. This is a good place to be in.

@Dary: You can team up with young developers since it will help you both get improved, it is such a great market place to keep on working. Cheers!

487 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
rayoflightt says

Team up with new developers with less sales.

113 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
ragzor says

o wow that’s sad :’( I would love to code your themes THEY’re GOOD! :P tho i am nowhere close to an elite author yet :D

273 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
pebas says

@Dary That was my experience too when I started, one elite author cheated me without any reason. I wasted time and potential earnings waiting for WP theme to be developed. Also I feel on my skin DMCA notice for my item, that also kill my sales for one item. But I look on all that like good school from this distance.

Will sound weird but I would like to recommend everyone to feel that in the beginning of their author life here.

Keep calm, learn on your and only your (no one is guilty for my/your stupidity) mistakes, upgrade your knowledge, let your teeth grow and keep bite! ;)

Most important what I learned is invest in your knowledge and skills.

122 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
BrianHermelijn says

One thing that I would suggest which has been suggested by the others is to work with new members/developers. Build a partnership before starting to work together after that start teaming up to work as a team. Have fun! :)

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

An elite author is just someone with a lot of sales, the chance of them screwing you over is just as high as anyone else

357 posts
+1 more
billyf says

Well, an Elite author is nothing more than an author with a lot of sales and has earned a lot in the marketplace. What I would suggest you to do is, form a partnership with someone whom you trust and know for quite some time, not someone you just met when you made your offer.

Hence, this is probably why I haven’t formed a partnership with anyone because I trust myself more than others, and I have absolute autonomy for my items.

94 posts
webTypo says

Wow,

i was about posting almost the very same story.

I have an item online since May and currently the second elite author is working on it since 5 months now and still nothing.

I am pretty sure this happens with a lot of other new authors as well now that i see your post.

by
by
by
by
by
by