1351 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says
http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/448/0/themeforest-pricing-information

According to the article at the top, $35-40 are given for “Standard themes”. Someone please explain to me what they mean by “Standard”

Now, our latest accepted item is far from “standard”, its responsive, retina-ready, shortcode manager, different layouts, etc.. and all the features that themes priced at $50 have. We even included 150MB of PSD files for every page and element.

Now, this is the second time I am having this issue. I am guessing its the same reviewer (I am not giving names). Am I going to have this every time I submit a theme?

I already emailed support for a price increase.

I just want to know your honest opinion, is $40 fair (in comparison to other themes) or not? I would like to know, because if its fair, I am going to apologize from the review team. If not, I am emailing Collis about how things are managed in Themeforest.

4321 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/448/0/themeforest-pricing-information

According to the article at the top, $35-40 are given for “Standard themes”. Someone please explain to me what they mean by “Standard”

Now, our latest accepted item is far from “standard”, its responsive, retina-ready, shortcode manager, different layouts, etc.. and all the features that themes priced at $50 have. We even included 150MB of PSD files for every page and element.

Now, this is the second time I am having this issue. I am guessing its the same reviewer (I am not giving names). Am I going to have this every time I submit a theme?

I just want to know your honest opinion, is $40 fair (in comparison to other themes) or not? I would like to know, because if its fair, I am going to apologize from the review team. If not, I am emailing Collis about how things are managed in Themeforest.

Yep, 40$ is fair. In my humble opinion, PSD files have nothing to do with the theme for 90% of buyers, so yes, 40$ is more than okay!

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

I wouldn’t be too dishearten by a “low” price it could entice more buyers. Plus PSDs are an extra like php in a html template, it’s nice but it doesn’t add any cash

It’s not a bad theme, there are some issues, it only seems to be bringing one portfolio item on the homepage

You’ve got errors on your shortcode page
Notice: Undefined index: icon in /var/www/vhosts/fuelthemes.net/themes/bouncy/wp-content/themes/bouncy-wp/inc/tinymce/shortcode-processing.php on line 391
Notice: Undefined index: icon in /var/www/vhosts/fuelthemes.net/themes/bouncy/wp-content/themes/bouncy-wp/inc/tinymce/shortcode-processing.php on line 397
Notice: Undefined index: icon in /var/www/vhosts/fuelthemes.net/themes/bouncy/wp-content/themes/bouncy-wp/inc/tinymce/shortcode-processing.php on line 397

1351 posts
+6 more
fuelthemes says

I wouldn’t be too dishearten by a “low” price it could entice more buyers. Plus PSDs are an extra like php in a html template, it’s nice but it doesn’t add any cash

It’s not a bad theme, there are some issues, it only seems to be bringing one portfolio item on the homepage

Notice: Undefined index: icon in /var/www/vhosts/fuelthemes.net/themes/bouncy/wp-content/themes/bouncy-wp/inc/tinymce/shortcode-processing.php on line 391

Thanks for pointing that out, WP_Debug was set to true :)

1351 posts
+6 more
fuelthemes says

Yep, 40$ is fair. In my humble opinion, PSD files have nothing to do with the theme for 90% of buyers, so yes, 40$ is more than okay!

Thanks for the response, but it of course is not the only reason. I am just saying its something additional.

Please be kind enough to point to me what I can add to reach that $45 price range?

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

Thanks for the response, but it of course is not the only reason. I am just saying its something additional. Please be kind enough to point to me what I can add to reach that $45 price range?

Some themes are price $50 and worth $40 some are price $40 and worth $50, you will probably be allowed to change it up by contacting support but you might be missing out on potential buyers.

296 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
crossroad says

Then you should be thankful to the very same reviewer for approving your theme with these PHP notices. Turning off WP_Debug is not the solution, and most of the reviewers will not approve the item for that reason.. just saying :)

27 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemeSmack says
+1000

Then you should be thankful to the very same reviewer for approving your theme with these PHP notices. Turning off WP_Debug is not the solution, and most of the reviewers will not approve the item for that reason.. just saying :)
493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

this theme have nice design but it have less than most popular functions here so $40 is a good price for this theme.

Why you think $50 for this theme? :D there are some theme have 2x feature than you and still have $45.

The $50-55 is for mostly Ecommerce Theme , WooCommerce Integration

1176 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

this theme have nice design but it have less than most popular functions here so $40 is a good price for this theme.

Why you think $50 for this theme? :D there are some theme have 2x feature than you and still have $45.

The $50-55 is for mostly Ecommerce Theme , WooCommerce Integration

A theme that has 300 Theme Options, 500 shortcodes, 20 sliders doesn’t make it better than one that have 30 theme options, 10 shortcodes and 1 slider.

by
by
by
by
by
by