152 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
partnuz says

Hi

I use set_post_thumbnail_size(200,200) settings to change default thumbnail size from 150 to 200 pixels. However it seems that this function is overriden by settings from admin panel.

3256 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says
partnuz said
Hi I use set_post_thumbnail_size(200,200) settings to change default thumbnail size from 150 to 200 pixels. However it seems that this function is overriden by settings from admin panel.

Did you regenerate the thumbs? When you change the sizes all the uploaded images will keep the old settings until regeneration. You can use a plugin to regenerate all your images or upload them again.

Parker

112 posts Too Much is Never Enough
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
premitheme says
ParkerAndKent said
partnuz said
Hi I use set_post_thumbnail_size(200,200) settings to change default thumbnail size from 150 to 200 pixels. However it seems that this function is overriden by settings from admin panel.

Did you regenerate the thumbs? When you change the sizes all the uploaded images will keep the old settings until regeneration. You can use a plugin to regenerate all your images or upload them again.

Parker

+1 , Ajax Thumbnail Rebuild is a great tool for this task.

152 posts
partnuz says
ParkerAndKent said
partnuz said

Parker

Yeah I’m fully aware of that. However this function still doesnt work and uses settings from admin panel.

3256 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says
partnuz said
ParkerAndKent said
partnuz said

Parker
Yeah I’m fully aware of that. However this function still doesnt work and uses settings from admin panel.

Now that I look better you’re using the wrong way to add image sizes.

You should use add_image_size in the right hook: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_image_size

Then call the image size tag to get that size, eg: the_post_thumbnail(‘my_size_tag’);

Parker

152 posts
partnuz says
ParkerAndKent said
partnuz said
ParkerAndKent said
partnuz said

Parker

Now that I look better you’re using the wrong way to add image sizes.

You should use add_image_size in the right hook: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_image_size

Then call the image size tag to get that size, eg: the_post_thumbnail(‘my_size_tag’);

Parker

I dont think so. According to this part of codex this function “Set the default Post Thumbnail dimensions. To register additional image sizes for Post Thumbnails use: add_image_size(). ” so this should change default wordpress settings.

3249 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

question whats not working… is it displaying properly on your theme? or is it not generating them on your server?

112 posts Too Much is Never Enough
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
premitheme says

And if it’s not displaying properly on your theme, what is the syntax you’re using to show them?

152 posts
partnuz says
OrganicBeeMedia said
question whats not working… is it displaying properly on your theme? or is it not generating them on your server?

Its displaying wrong dimension instead of this specified using set_post_thumbnail_size(200,200)

However I think I found solution instead of using the_post_thumbnail(‘thumbnail’) I use the_post_thumbnail() and now everything works. Dont know if its a bug or deliberate feature.

2459 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

If it had the correct width (200), but a different height than 200, then that’s WordPress’ auto cropping for you :)

by
by
by
by
by
by