407 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
envato says

Music is a means of self-expression – like talking, miming and dancing. A home studio lets us keep a record of our expression – like writing, painting and video recording. And home studios go even further than that. They give us new ways of making and altering sounds, and present new options in the process of audio production.

I\’m currently working on my third home studio. I put together my first home studio in the 80s, consisting of a four-track recorder, several synths and drum machines, and some rack-mounted effects modules. My second studio in the 90s was different – it was centered around a MIDI sequencer on my small laptop, which I connected to multi-timbral keyboards and sound modules. Not only was the gear different, but I had to learn a whole new way of thinking.

Click here to see full post: http://blog.audiojungle.net/resources/setting-up-a-home-studio-final-update/

2708 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

I’m really enjoying following your story, Adrian! And I love how you ended-up with the Yamaha MM8 , almost seems like it was destined to be! Now that the studio is almost complete I hope you’ll be able to find some time to start playing and recording again, that’s when the fun (and hard work!) will really begin. ;-)

1479 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

Thanx for mentioning me there :)
Check my threads about free stuf, Freebies – Samplers and Sample Libraries and Freebies – Best Freee VST Effects, there is more help also for your studio setup. In the samplers thread you’ll find UVI Workstation that have a sound bank that include a nice piano ;) (I know you were looking for a good plugin).
Keep posting your story.

223 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
adriantry Envato team says

@scottwills Thanks, Scott. I’m still loving the keyboard, and finding opportunities to play it throughout the day. Maybe it is destiny! I’m looking forward to making some music too. I’m surprised it is taking so long to “kick in”.

@Mihai You’re full of great suggestions. I have been following those threads. Actually, I may use them as the basis for some Audiotuts articles, if that’s OK.

1479 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says
Actually, I may use them as the basis for some Audiotuts articles, if that’s OK.

Sure, whatever can help brother musicians ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by