• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
ZozoUI says

@population2,

can someone tell me how to install this on existing vanillia forum?

Can just replace the old files? what is the best way to do this

thanks

440 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
ZozoUI says

Also wondering are the purchase code saved in the database? It will be very helpful for releasing updates and know who bought which items.

Thanks

367 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pixelgrade says

Hi guys, just a word of advice from me based on our past experience. I would suggest you to stop wasting your time finding cheap, self-hosted, solutions for your support because this will cost you more time (hence money) down the line. I would recommend you to use an established helpdesk solution (like ZenDesk, Desk.com, or others) that may seem expensive at first, but if you see it in terms of a sale a month you will find that it is not that expensive (especially for authors that have a decent amount of sales). These systems will save you time through the various automations and shortcuts that they provide. Not to speak about the fact that you don’t have to worry about the hosting, reliability, etc. You may say that they don’t provide purchase verification. Trust me, that is such a small thing, that it doesn’t worth messing with (the envato purchase verification is not that reliable). Just my 2 cents.

242 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Bulgaria
joomfx says

@ZozoUI Just follow the instructions from bfintal on page 2. It doesn’t matter if this is an already existing forum or a new installation. Regarding the Purchase Code – no, it is not stored in the Database and one of the “not so good” things is that many users can register with one Purchase Code. Anyway, the Vanilla Forum (with the Purchase Verification) is a great Support Solution :)

@pixelgrade Yes, everybody has their point of view and their recommendations ;) The “pros” of not using a Self Hosted Solution are actually “cons” for me :) I was looking for a Self Hosted Solution because that’s how I can manage the Database and basically everything. Also, it depands what Support Solution you are looking for… a Ticketing System, a Forum, etc. I wanted to have a Forum so my customers can read the already answered questions and to use the already explained modifications/customization. Regarding Vanilla Forum itself – it has everything a Themeforest Author needs in order to manage their Support – Discussions/Topics, Private Messages, Purchase Code Verification, you can attach all kind of files to the Discussions, Categories, Activity Feed, basically everything.
So, as a conclusion, I can honestly say that I have not even dreamed for a better Support Solution ;)

367 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pixelgrade says

I agree with you on the pros of having a self hosted solution. But from our experience those do not add up sufficiently to surpass a professional solution, even for small teams. You get the same features of community forums with those too. But on top of those you get knowledge management (a feature often overlooked by many but that when used properly save a ton of support), automatic answers (you know those answers that you are tired of writing again and again), smart search that automatically suggests related questions asked before (so you can avoid many duplicate tickets/questions). All in all such a solution saves you time meaning fewer tickets and faster responses for those that do come. But I am not saying that this is an absolute truth. I am just letting you know that you should consider it early.

22 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
population2 says

@ZozoUI

Follow the steps on page 1-2 in this thread. I was able to make the verification work with older version of Vanilla, but somehow it messed up my Vanilla install. It’s probably because I customized the Vanilla core.

For that the reason I used the latest version.

@pixelgrade What helpdesk solution are you using for your forum? I’m thinking to switch to Desk. Is there any way to transfer your forum from Vanilla to Desk?

by
by
by
by
by
by