183 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in South Africa
modernworldweb says

I’ve always been the odd one to support godaddy – never ever had an issue with them in the 2-3 years i’ve been with them… until now – i keep getting a 500 internal server error on my wordpress and im guessing that godaddy is the issue…. ahhhhh…. what do i do? Im so use to they admin and everything i dont think i could change and move on to another host…. ahhhhhh If you work for godaddy and are reading this – im quite disappointed as i’ve always been a fan… :(

456 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
godonholiday says

“Im guessing that godaddy is the issue” – This is the issue. Contact support and find out, from my experience, again a 2-3 year user, the support always got the issue fixed.

Not really fair to say your disappointed with them when you dont 100% know its their fault is it?

+ if this is the first issue you have had after hosting with them for 2-3 years, then you have done well.

Well, on another note, most hosting companies have easy to use control panels so I dont think changing should be an issue.

183 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in South Africa
modernworldweb says
“Im guessing that godaddy is the issue” – This is the issue. Contact support and find out, from my experience, again a 2-3 year user, the support always got the issue fixed.

Not really fair to say your disappointed with them when you dont 100% know its their fault is it?

+ if this is the first issue you have had after hosting with them for 2-3 years, then you have done well.

Well, on another note, most hosting companies have easy to use control panels so I dont think changing should be an issue.

true – i guess that was said on the brighter side of things…. i’ll contact them…

I’ve tried other hosting companies that use cpanel and well im just use to godaddy by now….. Its just a inconvenience as first i thought it was an error with something i did and took the whole day trying to figure it out only to come to the realization that its a problem with them…. i know im not going to move anyway unless something drastic happens but hope this gets resolved….

183 posts
modernworldweb says

UPDATE :

i feel like i’ve been abandoned by Godaddy. :( received these two responses:

Thank you for contacting Online Support.

Please note that we are unable to support third party application issues and we do not support the inner functionality of this program. If you are having difficulty using a third party product, we can help troubleshoot that process to the point that we find that the issue lies entirely within the configuration of that product. You may wish to consult with a community forum online or do a search on your favorite search engine as other users may have encountered a similar problem in the past and may offer helpful solutions. If you believe the issue is caused by something within our system please reply with as much pertinent information as possible and we will further review the issue.

AND :

We were unable to duplicate any problems with a 500 Server Error on your website. We were able to go through the password retrieval system on your site without any issue. If this problem is still occurring, can you provide us with the exact steps necessary to duplicate your issue, along with the URL that are having the issue so we can troubleshoot this further?

HERE ’S THE THING : i have tried to install WP (through GoDaddy’s control panel) on a different directory and before i even get my hands into things, i test the user registration and ‘forgot’ password and im getting the SAME 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR – There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed

I HAVE TRIED ALL POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS ! i have posted on GD’s forum or which it seems to be frozen as the latest posts are from 18 hours ago….

I AM A CUSTOMER OF 2 YEARS !!!! :crying:

arrrrrgggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:(

441 posts Don't be a HATER!
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
webinpixels says

like i tell you on this post http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/best-hosting-company/27068?page=2#252776 , you will hate goDaddy when you start use Wordpress..hehe :)

Leave it and transfer your files into another host, Goodluck :p

183 posts
modernworldweb says
like i tell you on this post http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/best-hosting-company/27068?page=2#252776 , you will hate goDaddy when you start use Wordpress..hehe :) Leave it and transfer your files into another host, Goodluck :p

:CRIES INTO HANDS :

:(

629 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VagrantRadio says

DreamHost, come to the darkside. Automated WordPress installs, unlimited everything, extensive admin panel and it’s cheap.

Dooo it, doo it.

456 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
godonholiday says

LOl, dooooo it. Well I guess you asked the question and got the wrong answer! Maybe it is time to move. I just run WP sites with them and have had no issues, but i dont have any registering of users, i do it all.

Themeforest currently actively promotes Dreamhost, so maybe go with them. If you get amy issues, at least you know some users on here are using it.

by
by
by
by
by
by