14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Belgium
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
stijncappaert says

Hey,

At this moment in time I’m in a place where I managed to attain a certain amount of “skills”. Suprisingly, school didn’t contribute as much as they were set out to.

In order to polish these skills and make me a more complete artisan, I’m looking into some tutorial/learning websites. I’ve had some good experiences in the past, in between jobs Jeffrey Way managed to educate me in HTML/CSS (thanks a bunch by the way!), and would like to expand my horizons. Something I’m particularly keen on learning, is building a theme in wordpress.

Nowadays there’s a lot of choice (Lynda, Teamtreehouse, Tuts+, ...), so I would like your experiences to make it easier for me. So, share away….!

Thanks!

80 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
ThemeMovers says

Hey stijncappaert,

Tuts+ and Lynda are the sites I like and use for learning.

For HTML/CSS tutorials, I liked and Followed Jeffery Way’s vids and tuts and they helped me alot. For PHP, I followed Kevin Skoglund’s vids from Lynda.com and they were awesome, so will suggest that you check them. For WP, I first studied Chris Coyer’s book Digging into Wordpress which is a great book to learn and to cover alot of ground. After that if I need more details, I consult articles at codex.wordpress.org or here at wp.tutsplus.com

Hope it helps :)

- Masood Ahmed

68 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
nackle2k10 says

Tut+, CSS Trick, Digg Iinto WordPress, Sitepoint, and reading various books. Rockable Press and Sitepoint books are my favorites, I start from Rockstar WordPress Designer

14 posts
  • Located in Belgium
stijncappaert says

Thanks for the replies, will definately check out the Rockable Press and Sitepoint books.

6028 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Along with well organized tutorial sites, you may also need help from quick solution based resources like stackoverflow.com

by
by
by
by
by
by