• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Kontrastt says

Hey guys! :)

I was wondering what other designers here on GR are into other than the stuff they sell on the marketplaces, i bet many artists here have interesting things to share, personal works, freelance projects for clients, or other creative hobbies like traditional arts, singing, playing, music production, acting, dancing, singing etc. Good to find out more about other pals here on GR, find common interests, maybe collaborate.

Tell about yours, share links, images, videos…

52 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
Kontrastt says

So about myself, my main creative interest is graphic design, but not the only, i also produce electronic music as a hobby, for now, hope to get official releases soon, here’s some of my stuff:

Latest tracks by Kontrastt

As i really love electro house music, i have designed logos for a few producers lately, who asked for the same style for the logo(one saw the other’s logo and wanted something similar):

Alex Mind logo Dr. Who logo Split & Jaxta logo 2complex logo

I was into shirt graphics until got my PP acc permanently limited, but got a few designs printed in some online stores like Threadless, DesignByHumans and some smaller brands, and hope to get back into it in the near future. There are other art things i do, digital and a little bit of traditional which you can see on my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kontrastt/

126 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Australia
Pickoora says

I am a hobbie photographer and probably would consider myself an amateur.

Some examples:

Quite a short sample, but I hope you like it :) I might post more later :)

81 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
sillybarbarian says

I’m a freelance web-desginer, collaborated with WooThemes, Template Monsters and some TF authors. Arround 1 month ago I started designing shirts, both fun and satisfying. I am not sure wether I should sell them on graphicriver or open my own store.

MikesBakery

Before submitting this post, observed your second reply on threadless. Can you show some example of your shirt designs and you can share your experiece, I’d also like to aim at threadless.

52 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
Kontrastt says
MikesBakery said
I’m a freelance web-desginer, collaborated with WooThemes, Template Monsters and some TF authors. Arround 1 month ago I started designing shirts, both fun and satisfying. I am not sure wether I should sell them on graphicriver or open my own store. Before submitting this post, observed your second reply on threadless. Can you show some example of your shirt designs and you can share your experiece, I’d also like to aim at threadless.

Here’s my first and only design i got printed on Threadless so far:

Calm Shot - Printed at Threadless.com!

First, i would suggest you to sell your shirt graphics as an original work of yours in your own online store, or on a website like MySoti, which is a shirts on demand online store, you have your own profile on the website, and a portfolio, you post the design, once somebody orders a shirt with your design the guys at MySoti handle the printing and shipping to the customer, you get the commission. Or try to get your design printed on websites like Threadless, which is kinda difficult because most of these websites follow certain design directions, but these website always credit you and give you exposure, which brings you clients and comments/pictures of people actually wearing your artwork printed on a shirt.
having your logo/flyer/website templates used by companies doesn’t feel as good as it feels to see people wearing shirt with your work on it, especially hot chicks ;)

Email me if you want me to tell you more about it, or want more links for shirt designs online communities and websites like Threadless where you can upload your designs for voting and hopefully get printed and paid for, i have a few.

The design you showed here is pretty epic, i bet people will want to wear it! :)

81 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
sillybarbarian says

Thanks sent you a mail.

52 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
Kontrastt says

great stuff Pickoora!

Anyone?...

104 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
+2 more
everytuesday says

I actually just launched a business last week I co-founded with my best friend, also a creative. It took about 3 months from the initial thought to the launch date, which I’m pretty happy about – that also includes setting up the business officially with the IRS , getting a business bank account, credit line, partnership agreement, and teaching myself accounting – all while full timing it as an inhouse designer. Now, on to sell wholesale to retailers across the country! You can see everything on lettersketch.com

Photobucket

687 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphcoder says

amazing works @ Pickoora and @kontrastt

as i am mostly busy with freelance projects from clients ill just give you gyz my next client project.

this is my latest project and it is still on progress, this is the last update of this image.

also done this one few months back..

306 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
CRSDesign says
Pickoora said
I am a hobbie photographer and probably would consider myself an amateur.

Some examples:

Quite a short sample, but I hope you like it :) I might post more later :)

I love these three shots, beauiful work!

Some really nice stuff here too, one of most interesting (and slightly self promotional) threads I’ve read in a while :)

by
by
by
by
by
by