• Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says

I was really curious if any of you that upgraded to windows 7 noticed real improvements especially on the performance?

I run 64bit vista ultimate and i did not yet had any big problems but i still wanted to hear your experiences with the upgrade to windows 7 :)

• sorry if this subject is all ready discussed, i could not find it.

Cheers

417 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Sharky says
8186 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

wow, I missed that… nice one :) will definetly read it :)

1478 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

Uhm… basically it’s like this… get YOUR ASS to the nearest Best Buy and buy yourself a copy of Windows 7 and get rid of that piece of crap ass Vista. Windows 7 is literally flawless. I like the call it the Windows XP with Vista’s pretty looks.

I’ve used the BETA and RC version for 6-7 months, and now got myself the official release version, and couldn’t be happier. Never had any problems with it, and I doubt I ever will. I run Adobe Photoshop CS4 , Dreamweaver CS4 , Firefox with like 20-30 tabs at any given time, Notepad++, TweetDeck, Winamp, Skype, XAMPP , and occasionally more browsers such as Safari and IE when testing, and always without the slightest hiccup.

922 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

I ran into a few hiccups during the install becuase I had some incompatible programs (MagicDisk, Putty, etc.), but once I got it installed properly it worked perfect.

I’ve been working on it nonstop doing heavy design tasks over the past couple days. Windows 7 feels a lot more stable and quicker than Vista was – programs load up with a lot more snap (no weird lags when I fire up Photoshop) – the Sticky notes are a simple, but awesome little addition. The Start menu is light years ahead of the last iterations on Vista (I love that I can pin folders/apps in a more efficient manner). The font management improvements alone is worth the upgrade if you work with fonts as much as I do. File handling, organization, and searching has been improved quite a bit as well. In short, it’s everything I’d hoped it would be and a little bit more. It gets a strong recommendation from me.

922 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says
Uhm… basically it’s like this… get YOUR ASS to the nearest Best Buy and buy yourself a copy of Windows 7 and get rid of that piece of crap ass Vista. Windows 7 is literally flawless. I like the call it the Windows XP with Vista’s pretty looks. I’ve used the BETA and RC version for 6-7 months, and now got myself the official release version, and couldn’t be happier. Never had any problems with it, and I doubt I ever will. I run Adobe Photoshop CS4 , Dreamweaver CS4 , Firefox with like 20-30 tabs at any given time, Notepad++, TweetDeck, Winamp, Skype, XAMPP , and occasionally more browsers such as Safari and IE when testing, and always without the slightest hiccup.

Well said Phoenix. Seriously… this isn’t the same situation as Vista where it made sense to wait a few months for MS to work the bugs out. So far it’s been quicker, simpler, and way way way more usable than Vista on it’s best day. No driver issues at all (and I have a bizarre hodgepodge of parts in my work-horse of a PC). This actually feels like the first modern, usable OS released that works the way that people expect it to.

1030 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says

Oh thanks sharky! Awesome review! How did i miss that :S?! i guess ill hit that add to cart button allready then :D

3007 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
TNL3542 says

hey everyone.. im getting windows 7 soon

478 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
kevinsturf says

well my bro has it on his laptop and I can say it’s a splendid OS, the functionality, quick responses and so far not a single problem. By far the best OS from Microsoft.

1030 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says
Uhm… basically it’s like this… get YOUR ASS to the nearest Best Buy and buy yourself a copy of Windows 7 and get rid of that piece of crap ass Vista. Windows 7 is literally flawless. I like the call it the Windows XP with Vista’s pretty looks. I’ve used the BETA and RC version for 6-7 months, and now got myself the official release version, and couldn’t be happier. Never had any problems with it, and I doubt I ever will. I run Adobe Photoshop CS4 , Dreamweaver CS4 , Firefox with like 20-30 tabs at any given time, Notepad++, TweetDeck, Winamp, Skype, XAMPP , and occasionally more browsers such as Safari and IE when testing, and always without the slightest hiccup.
Well said Phoenix. Seriously… this isn’t the same situation as Vista where it made sense to wait a few months for MS to work the bugs out. So far it’s been quicker, simpler, and way way way more usable than Vista on it’s best day. No driver issues at all (and I have a bizarre hodgepodge of parts in my work-horse of a PC). This actually feels like the first modern, usable OS released that works the way that people expect it to.

Oh my.. this w7 sounds too good to be true lol, thanks for the heads up folks! I ordered my copy right away, after reading all this I CANT WAIT ! :):)

by
by
by
by
by
by