76 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • New Zealand
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
duane_ashworth says

So far i am really enjoying it , things feel a lot more stable (allthough I never really had any problems with Vista) and slick, workflows a lot better and I find the improvements in file management (Libraries) to be really useful when also combined with Homegroups.

Networkings great so far and it’s nice that remote desktop works a lot easier than with Vista (was running vista and xp on 2 comps , now it’s simple with 2 versions of 7).

Love the new taskbar , it’s nice to be able to pin applications to the taskbar and just leave them there , easy to start and go rather than hunt down through the start button or clutter the desktop with icons.

841 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
Jordan_M Staff says

I’ve been using the RC for quite a while now and I can’t imagine going back to any other version of Windows. Major performance boost & I love the new taskbar. Everything feels a lot more intuitive in general. I’ve had a very positive experience and would recommend anyone running Vista to upgrade.

1475 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says
Uhm… basically it’s like this… get YOUR ASS to the nearest Best Buy and buy yourself a copy of Windows 7 and get rid of that piece of crap ass Vista. Windows 7 is literally flawless. I like the call it the Windows XP with Vista’s pretty looks. I’ve used the BETA and RC version for 6-7 months, and now got myself the official release version, and couldn’t be happier. Never had any problems with it, and I doubt I ever will. I run Adobe Photoshop CS4 , Dreamweaver CS4 , Firefox with like 20-30 tabs at any given time, Notepad++, TweetDeck, Winamp, Skype, XAMPP , and occasionally more browsers such as Safari and IE when testing, and always without the slightest hiccup.
Well said Phoenix. Seriously… this isn’t the same situation as Vista where it made sense to wait a few months for MS to work the bugs out. So far it’s been quicker, simpler, and way way way more usable than Vista on it’s best day. No driver issues at all (and I have a bizarre hodgepodge of parts in my work-horse of a PC). This actually feels like the first modern, usable OS released that works the way that people expect it to.

Oh my god, how could I forget my favorite part? I didn’t have to install a single driver. Not a single one. Installed Windows, and everything was working perfectly with drivers for every device on my system. I checked nVIDIA’s site for the latest video driver, and it said I already had the latest one.

Absolute beauty. I never thought Microsoft could actually come back from the trainwreck that was Vista, but they managed to do it.

230 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
Meshach says
Uhm… basically it’s like this… get YOUR ASS to the nearest Best Buy and buy yourself a copy of Windows 7 and get rid of that piece of crap ass Vista. Windows 7 is literally flawless. I like the call it the Windows XP with Vista’s pretty looks. I’ve used the BETA and RC version for 6-7 months, and now got myself the official release version, and couldn’t be happier. Never had any problems with it, and I doubt I ever will. I run Adobe Photoshop CS4 , Dreamweaver CS4 , Firefox with like 20-30 tabs at any given time, Notepad++, TweetDeck, Winamp, Skype, XAMPP , and occasionally more browsers such as Safari and IE when testing, and always without the slightest hiccup.

+1

I have used Windows 7 and it is absolutely flawless.

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

I have windows 7 and have problems with IE8 sometimes.

I am sure we’ll see a lot of problems and bugs soon. Its a matter of time. Why am I saying this? ‘cuz its microsoft stuff. I don’t have anything against them (actually I have both Mac and Windows) but know Windows performance since Windows 95.

But definetly have to say that windows 7 is running smoother than Vista.

3 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
dwpers says

I never had a problem with Vista, so I don’t know why people were crying over it. I’ve been running Vista Home Premium since it came out…

I hardly ever use my new macbook pro, perhaps once my desktop pc finally dies, will I find a use for my macbook. It was an impulse buy.

81 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Indonesia
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Won a Competition
petshopbox says

I personally don’t use the Win7 machine, so far our trouble is with Pidgin. Flash is always hang while Pidgin running. If Pidgin off, Flash working without a hitch. Probably it’s because the pidgin Windows build is not optimized for Win7.

Overall experience, Win7 is rock solid. Taskbar improvement definitely increase its usability rating.

Symphony-of-Specters
Symphony-of-Specters Recent Posts
Threads Started
194 posts SoS - Custom Music and More!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
Symphony-of-Specters says
Well said Phoenix. Seriously… this isn’t the same situation as Vista where it made sense to wait a few months for MS to work the bugs out. So far it’s been quicker, simpler, and way way way more usable than Vista on it’s best day. No driver issues at all (and I have a bizarre hodgepodge of parts in my work-horse of a PC). This actually feels like the first modern, usable OS released that works the way that people expect it to.

Oh my god, how could I forget my favorite part? I didn’t have to install a single driver. Not a single one. Installed Windows, and everything was working perfectly with drivers for every device on my system. I checked nVIDIA’s site for the latest video driver, and it said I already had the latest one.

Absolute beauty. I never thought Microsoft could actually come back from the trainwreck that was Vista, but they managed to do it.

Hm, that was my only concern about Windows 7 since it was a pain in the ass to find working drivers for all my audio devices when I was switching to vista x64. Well, I guess it’s time to spent some money again, I’ve only heard good things about Windows 7 so far which I truly didn’t expect at first.

158 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
furto says

Im in the same boat as Phoenix, i have been using it since beta and it has just been awesome. One problem in beta was that counter strike source didnt work which was something to do with the drivers for my 8800 ultra but that was resolved in RC1 .

Infact im still using RC1 rather than a final version :) very solid operating system

by
by
by
by
by
by