• Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
magickaito says

Hi Firsh

Wd u mind to share how u did it?

:D

1722 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

I used 3 domains (for some reason just 2 didn’t work but it was a huge trial and error process it might work on just 2).

Domain A, B, C

domain A and B are the clients domain C is the server

You load an SWF from domain C that handles everything sharedobject related (read/write). In the flash player settings and for the system the sharedobject will be listed on the C domain while actually it’s being used on domain A and B :) You call the read/write functions from the loaded movie on domain A or B. Not so hard after all. Use the security parameters I wrote preivously, the * wildcard seems to be working. I used symmetrical crossdomain meaning I placed the xml on all domains and added the security exception in all SWF ’s. Use flush() and clear() in the sharedobject handler SWF . Only 1 downside: if you have the domain A and domain B opened at the same time on a single computer the sharedobject will be messed up a little bit (data is entered twice etc.). That is not normal usage tho. Or maybe specific to my case..

1722 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

The downside I mentioned was a little bug in my code it’s working in that ascpect as well. happy

270 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
magickaito says
In the flash player settings and for the system the sharedobject will be listed on the C domain while actually it’s being used on domain A and B :)

Interesting. Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by