156 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
pauloreg says

I think this shared server may help you: I used and planning to renew my account @: www.hosting24.com If you like it and plan to use that server you can use my coupon code: MONEYSAVED to benefit a $2 discount if you pay monthly and $24 a year. The max month price for shared $5-6 with the discount and for dedicated $8-9. You can check the features at this page: http://www.hosting24.com/features.php and you can get a dedicated server with a good price.

1148 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says

@fillerspace .. you seem to have done quite some research on this; the problem is, i don’t want to spend a lot of money on hosting right now and want some good value for money i spend. my requirements right now are to get a portfolio website running with a list of my projects, hosting themeforest/codecanyon previews and a blog. not sure what a good bandwidth for this would be, but i would prefer ‘unmetered’ bandwidth as you and evaske explained. disk space initially might be good anywhere around the 10 – 50 gb + mark (to have a peace of mind). for this, would you consider places like domain.com ? or go with lesser popular / cheaper alternatives?

I had to do research out of necessity…getting a letter telling you your account has been canceled is the worst feeling when you have 100 sites to migrate. And it happened 3 times! But for me the problem was not with a single site…I had all of my clients hosted on a multisite account. There were a few that spiked once or twice a year (the football site spiked every January, a shopping site spiked every Christmas, and so on), but it just made it so I wasn’t profitable for the hosting company.

I think for hosting theme demos, a shared hosting account will be fine. Just put all of your images, videos, css, and javascript on a CDN like Amazon Cloudfront/S3 because that will be way cheaper and much faster. Go with a reputable company…I’ve heard good things about Hostgator, and they have plans in the $6-10/mo range.

by
by
by
by
by
by