3 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
VectorThemes says

Hi all,

I just submitted my first Shopify theme to ThemeForest and it was rejected. The email says it cannot be resubmitted, which is confusing to me. Does this mean that even if I work on it and make it better, I can’t submit it again at all?

No specific advice from the reviewer was provided. It’s frustrating considering I’ve spent dozens (maybe hundreds) of hours working on this, but I do know that I still have things to learn. If you could provide any constructive criticism about the theme, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here’s the link:

http://vector-theme.myshopify.com

Thank you!

1081 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Smartik says

“it cannot be resubmitted” – means that you can not resubmit “as is”, without any improvments.

You must work on typography and elements spacing. Here are just a few examples on what you should fix: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ltt5y44gyk5gsd9/AAB9n5pMhk5D_nyjqhuJ1fUEa

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
VectorThemes says

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve fixed those issues. I see a lot of people mentioning typography in these types of threads but it’s not 100% clear to me what the issue is. Is it the font size? Most of the fonts in the theme are using the default bootstrap sizing. Is it the font face? The demo uses Open Sans, which is a very common and popular google font. What am I missing?

548 posts Themes and Graphics
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Bebel says

Hey,

when I read “rejected” I thought of something worse. You can surely improve to TF standards. Here is what I would improve:

-the logo is out of date. Consider buying one on Graphicriver

-menu isn’t very exciting – especially font size and color. The dropdown should have a smaller font size than the main menu and also use a gray that is less strong than the main menu. Right now it’s vise versa.

-get rid of the dark blue stroke around the shopping cart icons and round it corners

-Slider: round the corners of the read more buttons, and make the button – not the font – bigger.

-the slider buttons are too far to the side. move them more to the midle 10-20px

-“Shop Now” and “Sale” text in the circles is way to big. Maybe try giving them some color as well: The Shop Now in a light blue and the sale in a light green.

-read more buttons: text too big, background too small. Also get rid of the stroke and round them more.

-on the subpages you show the title (news, Contast us etc) in a blue header element which looks a bit out dated. Try making it bigger and with a smooth background image or so.

- You need many more blog and page/post page variations! Just check other themes to see what I mean.

- You will also need more flexibility – show that off with homepage variations. Maybe consider using visual composer

Hope that helps!

by
by
by
by
by
by