493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

I’m pretty sure people simply don’t read the words that I write sometimes.
I thought the same since, in my post, i explained why i don’t think to store builder layout data into post_content is a viable solution and you’d still rely on meta for that.

To use post_content as builder storage and saving rendered markup into it as fallback for customers switching theme are not the same thing in my book: builder itself won’t need/use post_content to edit/render page content.

Is there a way to create Page Template file on the fly from wordpress admin with page buider?

Like if user creates some layout with page builder, is there a way creating php file of page template instead of saving markup in the DB ?

Yes,The page builder can do this. But when it save to page template , the content is still hard to edit.

Another better solution is the page builder have feature like page template lists then user can click to load it into current page builder then user can edit it. I think visual composer have this feature.

158 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
greenshady says

I’m pretty sure people simply don’t read the words that I write sometimes.
I thought the same since, in my post, i explained why i don’t think to store builder layout data into post_content is a viable solution and you’d still rely on meta for that.

To use post_content as builder storage and saving rendered markup into it as fallback for customers switching theme are not the same thing in my book: builder itself won’t need/use post_content to edit/render page content.

I never said you should store builder layout data into post_content. I said you need to tie everything back into post_content. I never went as far as explaining any method you’d take to get there. Your post just took the idea I noted and expanded on it with more details of one method on how to accomplish that end goal.

Why are we arguing? You’re explaining in more details how to do exactly the type of thing I was asked to elaborate on. We should be celebrating for helping out a fellow theme author.

495 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

I never said you should store builder layout data into post_content.

your previous post being

[...] It is entirely possible to create a layout builder without shortcodes or metadata.

i assumed that’s what you meant. If to store builder layout inside a single meta is not an issue then i have nothing to argue.

127 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+4 more
Veuse says

I never said you should store builder layout data into post_content. I said you need to tie everything back into post_content. I never went as far as explaining any method you’d take to get there. Your post just took the idea I noted and expanded on it with more details of one method on how to accomplish that end goal.

If I understand you correctly, you want the content to be editable in the editor, even it you swich off the page builder, or change themes?

Page Builder by Site Origin does this, although it lacks some finesse in other areas. I also find it better to use native wp functionality like widgets instead of shortcodes. It is also much easier to understand for not so tech-savvy users.

158 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
greenshady says

If I understand you correctly, you want the content to be editable in the editor, even it you swich off the page builder, or change themes?

Page Builder by Site Origin does this, although it lacks some finesse in other areas. I also find it better to use native wp functionality like widgets instead of shortcodes. It is also much easier to understand for not so tech-savvy users.

Yes, you got it. The purpose is to make sure the content is portable.

I’m unfamiliar with that Page Builder script. I’ll have to check it out sometime.

55 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Svipic says

I think that at least it must be a Note or some kind of tagging that will give customers ability to search “Shortcode Free” themes in themeforest.

I bought 5 themes that all of them uses shortcodes for whole theme. There is nothing left :\ No Page template or someting but all the Design was introduced in demo was built with Shortcode and this is my friends a very big problem

1045 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

So, you basically want to do what I just said?
or not.
I’m pretty sure people simply don’t read the words that I write sometimes. Either that or they want to disagree for the sake of disagreeing, even when they agree with me.

I’ll admit it. I like disagreeing with you, just for the sake of it. :)

738 posts
  • Located in United States
Jar says

So, you basically want to do what I just said?
or not.
I’m pretty sure people simply don’t read the words that I write sometimes. Either that or they want to disagree for the sake of disagreeing, even when they agree with me.
I’ll admit it. I like disagreeing with you, just for the sake of it. :)

I disagree! :D

by
by
by
by
by
by