4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Egypt
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
DotsDev says

that’s right here i found a lot of big sales on wp templates here and some others out of sales , i think it’s back to the features that theme support not the beauty of design .

212 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Located in Belgium
+3 more
Playnethemes says

It’s really sad :) There are a huge amount of “empty” themes here. by that I mean that they do not have a specific design to them, they are just standard themes with a gazillion options. But when the user starts fiddling with the design he/she shall soon realise that he cannot make it look as good as the preview simply because he shouldn’t be the one designing the theme.

Nobody needs 150 google webfonts. Nobody needs 300 colors of text & 60 different sliders in one design as long as the bought design is beautifull and carefully planned out :). It’s frustrating to see buyers not realising this and just purchasing whatever has the most options :)

On the other hand there are probably a lot of ‘resellers’ and for them an “empty” theme is probably a gift from god since they can easily make from it whatever they want for their clients :)

7613 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

On the other hand there are probably a lot of ‘resellers’ and for them an “empty” theme is probably a gift from god since they can easily make from it whatever they want for their clients :)

exactly :)

506 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
egemenerd says

Nobody needs 150 google webfonts. Nobody needs 300 colors of text & 60 different sliders in one design as long as the bought design is beautifull and carefully planned out :). It’s frustrating to see buyers not realising this and just purchasing whatever has the most options :)

+ 1

1793 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

You’re missing the point here. You are not selling to resellers mainly, but to normal customers. And they ask for anything you wouldn’t even think of, I added 500 google web fonts and they asked me how to include their own local font. If you don’t add colorization options, they’ll say your theme is bad and weak comparing to, I don’t know which theme, with 3249230 options. They like to play with the colors / fonts, even if they ruin the theme most of the time, but that’s not my problem.

212 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Located in Belgium
+3 more
Playnethemes says

You’re missing the point here. You are not selling to resellers mainly, but to normal customers. And they ask for anything you wouldn’t even think of, I added 500 google web fonts and they asked me how to include their own local font. If you don’t add colorization options, they’ll say your theme is bad and weak comparing to, I don’t know which theme, with 3249230 options. They like to play with the colors / fonts, even if they ruin the theme most of the time, but that’s not my problem.

You strike a valid point there :) I guess it’s just the nature of the beast so to say :) Still I would buy a beautiful, striking theme with little options over a plain theme with 500 million possibilities anyday :)

500 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

SPOT ON.

105 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in United States
aGHasizadeh says

in my opinion the templates that has more options to customize like sliders, colors, texts and more pages has more opportunity to sell better

sorry for my bad English :D

4 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
babeh says

They like to play with the colors / fonts, even if they ruin the theme most of the time, but that’s not my problem.
Yes, I’ve seen that a lot. It’s more than a few ‘good’ designs are ruined by bad choice of the options available (by the reseller). And that, sometimes, made others think that the design is not good enough.. the irony.
10 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
wpshards says

This, kinda.

After years of client work and I-do-template-you-do-content, I still cannot expect what they’ll ask. Most of the time it will be something that I, as a designer, think it will ruin the whole site… but they’ll go ahead anyways.

In the end, it’s all about features since buyers just want to feel they’re in control.

by
by
by
by
by
by