228 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
DenisTorman says

Hi all.
What do you think? Should I clean the portfolio of “unsold” tracks? Why ask this question? Because recently faced delema. I wanted to remove some tracks (uploaded a long time, no sales), but I stopped the message saying that one of those tracks, which I was going to get rid want to buy (the most amusing is that purchased an extended license).
Now I sit and think to delete tracks, or not?

923 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
permian says

That’s a pretty amazing coincidence. So that track you intended to delete was really bought afterwards?
As for me, I did my first big cleanup just recently. And will continue! :)

393 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Twisterium says
228 posts
  • Exclusive Author
DenisTorman says

Hi, folks! There is an interesting thread about that: http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/does-it-make-sense-to-remove-the-old-track-with-0-sales/65098?page=1#576904

Interesting topic. I have read and made for a conclusion that many people have many opinions. :) Thanks for the link. I decided to wait with the global cleaning my portfolio, besides I do not have a lot of tracks. Thank you all.

676 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Poland
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
FxProSound says

Why delete zero sellers? Better delete these, that you feel are weaker or on lower production level. Quality track will always sell later or sooner :) On your HDD will never sell!

1988 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

Hi, folks! There is an interesting thread about that: http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/does-it-make-sense-to-remove-the-old-track-with-0-sales/65098?page=1#576904
Interesting topic. I have read and made for a conclusion that many people have many opinions. :) Thanks for the link. I decided to wait with the global cleaning my portfolio, besides I do not have a lot of tracks. Thank you all.
Yep, ask two people and you get three opinions :) But i can confirm, that it happens that a track suddenly sells, even when he never sold before for 3 months (i don’t have longer experience yet ;) )
228 posts
  • Exclusive Author
DenisTorman says

Why delete zero sellers? Better delete these, that you feel are weaker or on lower production level. Quality track will always sell later or sooner :) On your HDD will never sell!

Absolutely agree with you, my friend.
But the quality of the music that’s a different story. I found the tracks with a good number of sales, although the quality of the music was terrible, but then again this is my personal opinion. I have one song that I really did not like the sound, but it is sold, and for me it seems strange :)

228 posts
  • Exclusive Author
DenisTorman says

Yep, ask two people and you get three opinions :) But i can confirm, that it happens that a track suddenly sells, even when he never sold before for 3 months (i don’t have longer experience yet ;) )

3 months, it is not that long. My unfortunate track has not been sold since April 2012. :)

Romosel-Exclusive
Romosel-Exclusive Recent Posts Threads Started
361 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
+2 more
Romosel-Exclusive says

I recently cleaned the portfolio. I deleted more than 450 files. I will wait for the result.

770 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
StudioEtude says

In all the time that I am on this site, I already deleted about 20 tracks. Basically it tracks with 0 sales and the sound that I did not like. But I had a case where the purchased track after 1.5 years. And now think about this: Did I come here to wait for 1.5 years, while the track will be sold one time? Of course not! During this time, I can write a different kind of music, is better … and not to worry that some of my tracks does not sound the way I want. Only 5 sents :)

by
by
by
by
by
by