• Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says
HMM:
  • Vertical alignment is not there,
  • vertical spacing is not an organized concept, looks like a hand drawing, it should be clear what is a micro block, what is macro block, what is the hierarchy and so on
  • headings don’t lead, your headings should have a powerful punch, the color tone helps you alot
  • I don’t like the testimonials
  • typography is not good enough

Man there are alot of things I could say, I think yoou should practice more the layout technique, typography, using graphics to enrich the overall design. I will jump in from time to time and provide more feedback as it goes on.

Good luck.

DobrincuSebastian
DobrincuSebastian Recent Posts Threads Started
145 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
DobrincuSebastian says

HMM: * Vertical alignment is not there, * vertical spacing is not an organized concept, looks like a hand drawing, it should be clear what is a micro block, what is macro block, what is the hierarchy and so on * headings don’t lead, your headings should have a powerful punch, the color tone helps you alot * I don’t like the testimonials * typography is not good enough

Man there are alot of things I could say, I think yoou should practice more the layout technique, typography, using graphics to enrich the overall design. I will jump in from time to time and provide more feedback as it goes on.

Good luck.
Thanks a lot ! I will try to improve all the mentioned issues. :)
3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

Nazi order! :D
Put the entire design under a grid system. You must use a clear base to which the text and elements are aligned to. All elements must use that grid.

DobrincuSebastian
145 posts
  • Located in Europe
DobrincuSebastian says

I fixed all the misalignments. I am using a 12 column grid. I improved the testimonials. Should i add a 4th services box ? What other improvments can i make ? Thank you a lot guys ! :)

http://pasteboard.co/1NVVYDAi.png
173 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
kungfu-themes says

You still are not using the grid system properly as it is not aligned vertically (see wicked pixel’s comment)

122 posts
BrianHermelijn says

Hello Dobrincu!

First of welcome to the market of ThemeForest. As yourself I am a beginner as well, and I do not have any kind of themes available yet. Although there are some important factors to take into consideration when building themes: - Don’t build themes just to create another clone but try to come up with your own ideas. - Take the time to brainstorm your ideas on pen&paper first instead of designing the website right away. - Set some time aside to do at least 1-4 tutorial per week.

That covers up what I wanted to say. Since the other posters has already covered the technical part.

I hope I was able to help.

Quote: “Stay hungry, Stay Foolish” – Steve Jobs

Have fun!

DobrincuSebastian
145 posts
  • Located in Europe
DobrincuSebastian says

You still are not using the grid system properly as it is not aligned vertically (see wicked pixel’s comment)

Thank you for yout opinion. Can you please tell my where i used the grid wrong ? Here is a screenshot of the grid. Thanks again. Cheers.

http://pasteboard.co/1O0GwNEw.png
173 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
kungfu-themes says

You should be thinking about the grid is terms of 3×3, 4×4 and 5×5

http://pbrd.co/Zvf5vW

I hope that helps…

I’ve divided your theme by 3×3 if you count the columns

For example in YOUR testimonial section you have one column with 3 the second with four and the last with 5. This is just wrong.

1702 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

You should be thinking about the grid is terms of 3×3, 4×4 and 5×5 http://pbrd.co/Zvf5vW

I hope that helps…

For example in YOUR testimonial section you have one column with 3 the second with four and the last with 5. This is just wrong.

Using a grid system is a good start. However I have never used grids, I rather create wonderfully aligned layouts using 20/40px horizontal spacing and / or 20/40/60px (from micro to macro blocks) vertical spacing. It’s just like creating new grids of your own ;)

Practice, practice, practice.

285 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Serbia
scrnjakovic says

You should be thinking about the grid is terms of 3×3, 4×4 and 5×5 http://pbrd.co/Zvf5vW

I hope that helps…

3 + 4 + 5 = 12, which is actually full width for 12-column based grids. Depends on what he wanted to achieve, if he wanted all blocks equal, should have used 4/4/4 which in total gives 12 columns.

@Sebastian You can make any combination as long as total of columns is exactly 12. Read bootstrap’s documentation carefully, they described it very well :)

by
by
by
by
by
by